• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Masekwm

Has Anyone Tried A Billet Flywheel From Lynx/rich_W?

Masekwm

Was looking last night at the 306 OC and lots of people are buying them but not many say how good they are. Has anyone got any experience with one?

Thanks

Keith

tommy gun

yes a well worthy mod and very resonable price to

Paul_13

My mate has one fitted in his 306 6, made a massive difference!

welshpug

Just make sure its a later one, there was a design flaw with the early ring gear, they weren't made deep enough so the starters did not engage fully and could break teeth/pinions.

The design has been corrected, and I think material spec changed, but further than that I can't say as I've never had one in my hands.

Miles

yes the early TTV flywheels where rubbish, even the face wasn't flat but since that issue was addressed a good 2 ish years ago they are fine with revised EN rating and better machining.

SurGie

Which one is this one ?

th_Flywheel002.jpg th_Flywheel001.jpg

Cheers :)

welshpug

ttv :)

SurGie

Thats what version ? :unsure:

New or old type ?

feb

Do I see a crack in the 2nd picture or is it my eyes? :unsure:

SurGie

No its the light, i dont see any cracks.

Iv contracted Rich w via e-mail as WP says mine is the older type TTV, so i will await his reply then get a swap sorted as thats not what i paid for.

feb

So is Rich/TTV the same company then?

On the top left of the 2nd pic, at the bottom of a tooth there is a hairline crack I can see.

Masekwm

Rich is the UK supplier.

The crack that I see looks to me like a short curly hair...

SurGie

Yeah it probably is ^^ Iv looked over it four or five times now and its the same all round, perfect condition. There are a few bits of swarf from when it was drilled etc and a few bits of dirt etc.

Paul_13

Ive got some pictures of a mates lightened flywheel which I removed, its the earlier type as mentioned and half the teeth are missing on the ring gear!

ill dig them out

jackherer

So is Rich/TTV the same company then?

No, TTV is an engineering place just round the corner from me, they wouldn't sell a flywheel directly to me, not even in quantity for a group buy, apparently Rich has an exclusive deal.

ttvracing.com

SurGie

Ive got some pictures of a mates lightened flywheel which I removed, its the earlier type as mentioned and half the teeth are missing on the ring gear!

ill dig them out

Nice one Paul :)

Paul_13

Nice one Paul :)

dsc03679q.th.jpg

As promised

SurGie

Pictures can be deceiving but that looks the same as mine from the picture ?

Ill get some more of the teeth of mine again.

Also Paul did that fly have a break in the teeth like mine has when it was new, it seems to have a few missing already before its even been used ? If someone knows that the new ones have these teeth missing when new would help things.

th_Flyteeth001.jpg th_Flyteeth002.jpg th_Flyteeth004.jpg th_Flyteeth005.jpg

Cheers

Iv just had another look at Paul's image being larger and those teeth have more of a triangle shape compared to mine that are more L shaped in comparison :unsure:

Thoughts ?

Edited by SurGie

rallyeash

old ones fine with the diesel starter motor

SurGie

But as Miles says they were not flat, anyone know how to measure how flat they are ?

I want something that causes no to little hassle and i dont want to have to take the gearbox off again :huh:

welshpug

the missing teeth are meant to be missing :lol:

Paul's picture clearly shows the damaged ring gear on the LEFT, the face closest the engine block.

SurGie

D'oh, i knew the left hand side was for the starter originally, its just when people go on about missing teeth then i see Paul's pic with them missing etc, i need more caffeine :lol: . I wish people would be more clear with their replies, we are not all trained mechanics with the lingo etc. I understand what is meant by flat now, i thought it was about the clutch plate area :unsure:

I just found THIS which has new picture of the old ones and i cant see any real difference, can an one else ?

Edited by SurGie

feb

No, TTV is an engineering place just round the corner from me, they wouldn't sell a flywheel directly to me, not even in quantity for a group buy, apparently Rich has an exclusive deal.

ttvracing.com

That's strange, I contacted them to ask a few questions and they quoted me £250 + VAT + postage for a flywheel.

Btw, Miles can supply these too.

Edited by feb

feb

Surgie, you know its fubared, give it to me and I will find some use for it :P

Sign in to follow this