• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Jesper L

The Danish 205 Gti

Jesper L

Hi,

thought I´d put up some pics of my 205 GTI 1.9. Bought it last year - my very first 205 GTI and I love it. It´s a 1992 model and I´ve driven 35.000 km since last year. Total mileage on the baby is 244.000 km and still going strong.

Plans for the future is rust repair on the body. This will be done this spring or else holes will start coming. The Speedlines I´ve painted black last autumn and I´ve used them on the winter tires. Also have silver Speedlines of course for summer use.

Hope u like it :)

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

06.jpg

07.jpg

08.jpg

tomcolinjones

does anyone know if those yellow type headlamps are legal over here? and if so are they available?

Realy nice looking Miami by the way.

Edited by tomcolinjones

monkee87

I think the yellow headlamps are legal. Remember reading something about it on here a while back. :) Obviously can't buy some from europe as they'd be left hand drive. ;)

monkee87

Looks like a tidy car. ^_^ I do LOVE phase 2 miami blues. I'd polish the lip on the edge of your wheels if I was you. :)

tomcolinjones

I think the yellow headlamps are legal. Remember reading something about it on here a while back. :) Obviously can't buy some from europe as they'd be left hand drive. ;)

it looks like the backs are yellow, so could we not just swap the lenses over with rhd pattern? i havnt looked at a 205 headlamp in detail to tell if the glass comes off :wacko:

Jesper L

You don´t need headlamps - I just bought these yellow glass bulbs, that fits on the lightbulbs: Click here

tomcolinjones

You don´t need headlamps - I just bought these yellow glass bulbs, that fits on the lightbulbs: Click here

thanks for the link, i wish i could understand the language :wacko: do they work well in the dark? what Wattage can you get them in? and has anyone seen these for sale in the uk?

Edited by tomcolinjones

Jesper L

thanks for the link, i wish i could understand the language :wacko: do they work well in the dark? what Wattage can you get them in? and has anyone seen these for sale in the uk?

Your welcome :)

No need for the bulbs - properbly fits the ones you have on your car now. It´s just yellow glass that fits over your H4 bulbs.

Run the ling through Google translate: Google translated link

monkee87

I think what the people did here was put a yellow film on the actual lens of the headlamp. You can swap the lenses over, they're glued on and have a clip IIRC. :)

Jesper L

Your welcome :)

No need for the bulbs - properbly fits the ones you have on your car now. It´s just yellow glass that fits over your H4 bulbs.

Run the ling through Google translate: Google translated link

I mean "Link" - small typo. And yes they work fine in the dark.

Regarding the edges of the rim - i painted them myself. Not a perfect job cause I needed them due to early snowfall last autumn. Later this year they will be glassblasted.

feb

Very tidy 205 and with the yellow covers and driving lights it looks really nice and retro.

Jesper L

Thanks everyone icon_thumright.gif

cRaig

Looks very smart! Nice retro headlamp washers! :)

Jesper L

And a couple of inside pics from last year

01_int.jpg

02_int.jpg

03_int.jpg

04_int.jpg

05_int.jpg