• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
GSXR_J

1St Project - Stage 3 Head On Mi16 Query!

GSXR_J

Hi one and all, so after some time running round in a 1.6 Ive decided to take the plunge into having a Mi16 transplant! Ive bought a rebuit engine from a certain internet auction site and have a query regarding the stage 3 head it has fitted from hi-flow heads.

Basically the engine has a S16 bottom end (I believe is same as 2.0 Mi16..correct???) and has a Mi16 stage 3 top end. My question is...is there a possibilty that it has the 1.9 alloy stage 3 head fitted or does it need to be the 2.0 head to fit onto the S16 bottom end? Is there any way i could tell them apart? Ive got all the build figures and tollerances by email so if anyone knows what they are for either one i can cross check them against the information i have.

Please excuse my lack of knowledge as this is my first project ive undertaken :blink: ...and just wishing to find out for my own piece of mind whether it would be the alloy or iron block.

Many thanks for any help! Cheers!

Miles

If you;ve bought it S/H then I really would get it checked and flow tested first and make your own mind up from there, This Stage stuff is complete xxxx you just want to know what the head can or will produce with 'X' fitted to it.

The head should have a oil drain on the side and 10 eaxhaust studs basically and have the fittings for the engine lifting eyes on the both sides of the head.

JonnyGee

O Christ! Double check EVERYTHING if its from hiflow.

My mates bought a '6' engine conversion which was a 306 dt complete bottom end and a xsi head, blew up in no time and to be frank I think they're cowboys

i agree with the checking of everything purely as piece of mind for yourself and i also agree that the 'stage' thing is puely down to whoever is building so u want to know exact specs of everything u have,but as regards hi-flow couldnt disagree more as i have a complete engine from them and its top notch and saved me a huge amount of time and money plus even though i didnt have the engine directly off them they have been immensely helpful with anything ive needed?

backroadpug

I always make a funny Mr Burns(simpsons)noise and get a shiver when any one mentions HI FLOW HEADS.

petert

There's really only two stages when it comes to an Mi16 head - standard and fully ported big valve. Anything inbetween is a waste of time and money.

S@m

Hi flow's work is a joke. Before legal proceedings start, i will stop there.

Sign in to follow this