• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
aldoMJ

1.6 To 2.0 8V Zx

aldoMJ

Hi, we have started our conversion from 1.6 gti to a 2.0l 8v engine from a zx volcane but just wondering if any 1 knows could we use a standard clutch from 1.6 with this engine and be1 gearbox. also need an alternator bracket if anyone can tell me if there is any other models that we can take bracket from other than zx as this was missing and want 2 use orginal alternator.

Thank you

Alan

pug_ham

Originally the 2.0 XU10 engine used a 215mm clutch so you could continue to use this with the Be1 release bearing & box (all thats different is the release bearing between Be1 & Be3 205 GTI clutch kits) but if you have a new Be1 clutch then use this & the original flywheel to match should work fine imo.

Graham.

omega

Hi, we have started our conversion from 1.6 gti to a 2.0l 8v engine from a zx volcane but just wondering if any 1 knows could we use a standard clutch from 1.6 with this engine and be1 gearbox. also need an alternator bracket if anyone can tell me if there is any other models that we can take bracket from other than zx as this was missing and want 2 use orginal alternator.

Thank you

Alan

come on post some pics.lets see the beast[ sorry wee beasty]

Razkin

Early XM's with a V-belt driven HD pump have a bracket for the alternator if you do not have or want power steering.

welshpug

I would personally keep the 2.0 flywheel and clutch assembly, the 1.6 flywheel doest have the TDC sensor teeth which you would need for the 2.0 engine management, IIRC its Bosch MP3.1 or 3.2 with a Lambda sensor so much more refined than Jetronic and suited to that engine ideally.

you can use the alternator bracket from most iron block non-aircon cars, mainly the early ones though.

205freak

Looking forward to see some pics of it, what kind of management are you going to use?? OE???

pug_ham
I would personally keep the 2.0 flywheel and clutch assembly, the 1.6 flywheel doest have the TDC sensor teeth which you would need for the 2.0 engine management, IIRC its Bosch MP3.1 or 3.2 with a Lambda sensor so much more refined than Jetronic and suited to that engine ideally.

The 2.0 XU10 ZX Volcane uses MM8P, that's where I got TT205 his loom & ecu from.

If the op isn't changing his ecu to the ZX one then he can still use the original flywheel but if they are changing to the ZX ecu will need to use the ZX flywheel but they only mentioned an engine swap & I seriosuly doubt the Be1 gearbox will have a hole for the CAS.

Graham.

welshpug

mine did ;)

aldoMJ

Thanks people i will upload some pics soon. we probably going to go with zx flywheel and get clutch kit for zx. already got alternator bracket and alternator from 306 just cut of the power steering part.

Sign in to follow this