• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
jaggers12

In Need Of Information

jaggers12

im currenty fitting a gti6 enginr in my car and i have looked trough the different topics but the problem i have is my car is a phase 1 and dosnt have the 2 brown plugs. i have wired up the sensors from the engine and the wire for the fuel pump. the wires ive got lrft are for the switched live and for the rev counter which im unsure of where they go. also should the fuel pump work with these wires diconnected.

Edited by jaggers12

pug_ham

You'll find a switched live in the loom that comes through the passenger side of the bulkhead to the coil on the inner wing which you can use & the rev counter wire will also be at the coil.

I don't think the fuel pump will run without the switched live though but not 100% certain.

Graham.

jaggers12

hummm with the switched live conneced i still get nothing i checked the inertia wires an there conneced ok im really baffeled now

Edited by jaggers12

pug_ham

Have you connected it to the right wire into the double relay?

The ecu isn't locked is it?

You need a conversion for the rev counter to work from the GTI-6 ecu signal. iirc it won't work the standard 205 rev counter.

Graham.

jaggers12

after connectin pin 14 on the double realay ot an ign live it now primes but after that i get no spark and no fuel i was told the ecu was unlocked but im now unsure if it is, is there any way of me checking. thx

welshpug

got another crank sensor to try?

jaggers12

no but i can get 1 tomorrow

jaggers12

ive tried a new crank sensor and still no spark, i dunno what else to try now :(

jaggers12

would the rev counter wires being disconnected stop it from sparking

pug_ham

No.

Have you checked for voltage at the coilpacks?

Graham.

jaggers12

i carnt check for voltage i dont own a mulitimeter at the mo. ive just had my ecu unlocked and that hasnt helped so thats £50 down the drain :( .

can some one confirm if i have done my wiring right.

i have put a switched live to to pin 14 on the double relay - do i need to t into it or cut the wire and add the live feed

ive also put a switched live to the to lambda and airbag control

ive joinded the fuel pump wire.

im about ready to give up so if any one could help it would be realy appreciated

thanks andy

pug_ham

Your switched live to pin 14 of the double relay needs to be properly connected, if you have the 306 engine bay loom & plug you can splice into the cable between the original plug & the relay.

Have you got another permanent feed to the ecu from the battery? Usually by a ring terminal via the alternator on the 306 loom iirc.

Graham.

jaggers12

ive soldered my switched live to wire 14 by the plug, also i havent tuched the loom live so its still attached to the alternater

pug_ham

OK, if the GTI-6 loom is connected to the alternator post then it should be right.

Have you got the right double injection relay fitted for the GTI-6 & is it a known good one?

Is the crank sensor plugged into the correct plug? The gearbox VSS comes out of the loom with the CAS & they can be wrongly connected.

CAS has a brown plug & VSS is white on the loom I have.

Graham.

jaggers12

just fitted a new double relay from pug so its definalty a good one. crank sensor is plugged into the right plug. i havent got the vss plug coneceted to anything as im using my 1.9 box. just used a multi meter im getting power to the coils only while the pump is priming after that it drops to 0 volts

pug_ham

Ok, without the VSS connected you'll have a slight hesitation when it is running iirc but that won't stop it running.

Is there a possibility you've cross connected the fuel pump & coil feed wires on the double relay so the fuel pump runs constantly with the ignition on but the coils obnly get the initial priming burst?

Graham.

jaggers12

ive only added the switched live to pin 14. the fuel pump only primes for 20 seconds then stops. would i need the vss plugged in all the time to run normaly

pug_ham

Oh yeah, I 'forgot the GTI-6 coil gets power from the double relay for a while. :blush:

The car will run without the VSS plugged in just when you floor the pedal it won't respond quite as instantly.

You must've made some more connections to get power to the fuel pump but 20 seconds sounds a long time considering they usually only prime for five at most.

You need use of a multimeter to check if you have voltage at the coil pack plugs now.

Graham.

jaggers12

the only conection for the fuel pump is the white wire 120 - 76 . ive checked for voltage at the coils with a multimeter i get 12v while it primes

pug_ham

I'm not sure but I think you should have 12v there with the ignition on not just when it primes.:unsure:

If you have 12v there whilst it primes you should get a spark if you crank it straight away imo while the pump is priming.

Are the coilpacks known good?

Graham.

jaggers12

dont know how good the coil packs are but once its finished primming i only get 0.02 ish volts while cranking

pug_ham

Is the ~0.02v during cranking or jafter the pump stops priming?

You need good known working coilpacks or someone / where to test yours to rule them out as faulty imo.

Graham.

jaggers12

i get it during cranking

ill get some new coilpack for the weekend