• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Jake_GTI

Ph1 Wing Mirrors

Jake_GTI

i hve reason to believe that one of my wing mirrors is from a ph2 and one from a ph1, my car is a ph1 and i want them both to be ph1 as i'm attempting to get it back to stock, can anyone enlighten me as to which is which or if i'm just going a bit mad??

cheers guys,

jake

post-14737-0-73257000-1299951073_thumb.jpg

monkee87

Drivers side is Phase 1.5/2 and passengers looks like it's a 309 item..

monkee87

2575354-1.jpg

Pretty sure these are what you should have on a D reg, but i'm not 100%. :)

EdCherry

Here you go, Phase 1 mirrors.

DSCN3544.jpg

Miles

Your all wrong again, Your nearside one is a Phase 1 mirror, the O/S is the later type,

You will find it very difficult to find any more of those as they where fitted for around 6 months on D plate car's and Early E's, I;ve got around 5 spare now but it's taken me a few years to collect them, Sorry thou as none are for sale

Daz_C

Your all wrong again, Your nearside one is a Phase 1 mirror, the O/S is the later type,

Sorry Miles but your wrong. Phase 1 wing mirrors are the ones in Monkee and EdCherry's pictures !

Miles

Na I'm right :P , All late Phase 1's had those mirror's, You see more of them on CTi's than GTi's but they where all OE fitement before switching to the lower type

As said they where fitted for such a short period of time not many people know about them, They are listed on Service box but for years have not been available

Pic attached without handle

post-43-0-69740300-1300020239_thumb.jpg

Edited by Miles

Daz_C

I owned an early phase 1, 1984(B reg) when it was 4 yrs old and they were the same as the 2 cars pictured above, which I'd class as phase 1 regardless of how short a time they were available :huh: or am I reading your reply wrong ?:ph34r:

Edited by Daz_C

Miles

Might be reading it wrong,

Phase 1 cars from 84 to Mid 86 had the mirrors as you've said and picture my Mr C etc, Then a mixture of those and the one in my pic before the facelift came out so on Jakes the mirrors are the rare (And it does mean Rare in this case) one fitted around this time. But with all things Pug I know even some E plate cars had the early mirrors fitted, Just old stock that had being laying around

Masekwm

Oops, I didn't realise those were the limited PH1 mirrors as I test painted one a year or so and then binned it. Oopsie

Richie

My first thought was you had a 309 mirror and a phase 2 mirror. My phase 1 has the same as EdCherrys. There is also two types of that kind of mirror, same shape but different plastic. One is thicker and the other thinner.

Ed: is that your 205? Looks great. What are your plans for it?

Jake_GTI

Na I'm right :P , All late Phase 1's had those mirror's, You see more of them on CTi's than GTi's but they where all OE fitement before switching to the lower type

As said they where fitted for such a short period of time not many people know about them, They are listed on Service box but for years have not been available

Pic attached without handle

so the one in your pic here and my nearside one are the "rare" ph1 mirrors??

damn i have just brought a set of the early ph1 mirrors! you sure you dont want to sell me one miles?? i'd be willing to px with my ph1 mirrors for it, i want my car back to mint as it should be!!

EdCherry

My first thought was you had a 309 mirror and a phase 2 mirror. My phase 1 has the same as EdCherrys. There is also two types of that kind of mirror, same shape but different plastic. One is thicker and the other thinner.

Ed: is that your 205? Looks great. What are your plans for it?

Thats one of them yes thanks Richie.

The plan has changed many times so far, but hoping it will do its first race this year. Got a fair bit of development to do before then but its getting to the stages of a complete car for the first time since it was on the road last in 2000!

Project thread is here - £75 to £7,500

Miles

Afraid not, I'm keeping all the Phase 1 stuff I can get currently and as mine has these mirrors I cannot risk selling one, Mind fitting the earlier ones only you would know along with a few of us that they are wrong

Jake_GTI

Afraid not, I'm keeping all the Phase 1 stuff I can get currently and as mine has these mirrors I cannot risk selling one, Mind fitting the earlier ones only you would know along with a few of us that they are wrong

but still it wouldn't be right :( you have 5! surely you can spare 1?

Jake_GTI

had a few problems with my wing mirrors today! went to fit the matching pair of phase 1 wing mirrors that i have and they wouldnt fit!! any ideas? mine is a phase 1 car as you can see in the pics above and should have the mirrors like the n/s one but i cannot find one of these anywhere!!

post-14737-0-89322100-1301930122_thumb.jpg

post-14737-0-46335300-1301930139_thumb.jpg

as you can see in the second pic the mirror mount wont even fit the hole where the mirror should mount through!

any ideas??