• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
shalmaneser

Where To Find Wire Numbers On The Vts Loom

shalmaneser

about to finish wiring up my vts...but can't find any numbers on the vts loom! only some gibberish about 7 figures long which is the same on each wire...the 205 one was nice and easy, I was getting all confident!

any suggestions?

Have traced the permanent earth as it's the only yellow and green cable. two thicker gauge wires are clearly the starter solenoid and fuel pump but which is which?!

Oh yeah, don't have the 19 pin plug on it either :blink:

shalmaneser

Hmmm, apparently you can trace it back from the ECU plug which is great news....does anyone have a wiring diagram for the ecu plug?

I'm downloading autodata as we speak so if no one does I'll wack one up for posterity!

shalmaneser

^^^actually, you can't.

Well, you can with a couple of irrelevant ones. bummer. I also spotted some of the numbers near the plugs - say it ain't so! I really cannot be arsed disconnecting the whole loom to find the numbers!!!!

Miles

Fuel pump wires are generally white and come from the main relay so very easy to find,

VTS Looms are the worst ones to do so don;t worry, there not neat like the GTi6 loom's plus the hassle of connecting a + to the loom instead of the starter motor is a pain

dumbiron

Don't really understand why you are having trouble with the vts looms, when i did mine the numbers were easy to find .

From memory i am sure they looked something like #1234# about a inch from both multiplugs.

Daviewonder

Yeah but you can't always read the numbers as they're not always there. I guess its to do with the numbers only being printed on the wire every 500mm or so, some get lucky some don't.

Miles

As said, some looms only have the numbers on the end and these fade away over time and oil/grease etc, Other looms have numbers everwhere, All depends on which year and what batch they came from as it wasn't just one supplier.

shalmaneser

i've found some information that's allowing me to trace wires from the ecu socket...the rest will still be an arsehole i imagine.

just got back from a ride, going to have a shower and then pop out to buy a multimeter and that's me done for the day. Oh joy.

Spiky

vts looms are better than gti6 looms as they are stamp more than once down the wire,