• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
ORB

Wheel Colour

ORB

I painted one of my wheels last night to see If I like the colour?

Ford Graphite Grey

60690fc3.jpg

What you think?

Arahan

Very cheeky!

I used Ford Nimbus grey for a set once, with a shiny silver rim! Was nice, but the grey was very light and when the wheels were clean the difference between the centre and the rim was barely noticeable!

backroadpug

Looks the bollocks but what colour of car are they going on. is that the grey with lots of silver little flakse in it?

I just got my 1.9s powder coated in computer grey and love em.

ORB

My car is black!

monkee87

Looks good! :lol:

I'm going to do mine in BMW space grey. I didn't want silver wheels, but at the same time I didn't want wheels the same color as my car! It looks lighter than my car, so hopefully it'll turn out good! :)

madspikes

Totally awesome. I think someone else on here used that colour a while back, and I was looking for that post the other day, but now I dont need to!

Cant wait to see what they will look like on the car.

Mad.

Henry Yorke

I think a little polished rim would look superb on those. Very classy.

ORB

I would love to Henry, but the wheels were VERY rough To start and there is a lot of repair work gone into the rims!

lewthepimp

they look flawless..top marks that man

ORB

I am quite pleased!

Don't ever let anyone tell you a good job can't be had with rattle cans.

The trick is mainly in the prep, take your time, get as smooth as possible. Spray one solid guide of primer and look for defects. Polish and fill them out first then rub the whole wheel back with 240 to dull again. Prime, rub back and prime again. Then scotch brite. Two/three careful layers of colour. Laquer, cut back with 1500/2000 and laquer again.

Polish.

I use a hot air gun to speed up drying and to aid the "going off" times. Also helps to have a warm wheel and warm paint.

backroadpug

heres mine in computer grey should look good on a red gti

not the best pic tho.

th_wheels19s.jpg

Edited by pug_ham
image filesize, 800 x 600 / 160k max please or use thumbnails as above.

monkee87

th_a7cee610.jpg

These are my wheels. Polished the lip completely by hand.. Gonna use silver centre caps too, so i'll think they'll look quite good on my grey GTi. :) Takes so long to flat them though! And this is the first!!! :(

Edited by pug_ham
Image filesize, 800 x 600 / 160k max please or use thumbnails as above.

Wolf-Scream-205

They look great, good work :)

feb

th_a7cee610.jpg

These are my wheels. Polished the lip completely by hand.. Gonna use silver centre caps too, so i'll think they'll look quite good on my grey GTi. :) Takes so long to flat them though! And this is the first!!! :(

These look great! What is the colour code and did you paint the whole wheel and then polish the lip? What did you use to polish it?

Edited by feb

monkee87

These look great! What is the colour code and did you paint the whole wheel and then polish the lip? What did you use to polish it?

I've been told to polish the lip before paint, but I don't see the point in that, I've just polished them as I went along. Paint, Polish, More paint, Polish! Just used sand paper, getting less coarse to remove the scratches. I may put it on my car with the wheels off the ground so I can spin the wheel to get a better finish on the lip although it is pretty good. In the pic they're not even lacquered, so it'll be a bit lighter once I've done that.

Color is BMW space grey, paint code A52.

Glad you like them! :D

ORB

Further update:

19gtiwheels2.jpg