• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
backroadpug

1.6 Gti Oil Leak

backroadpug

Hi all one of my mates has just bought a 1.6 gti.

Problem is when the car is hot and your driving it over 3k it keeps pi**ing oil out the dip stick

There is a bit of mayo at the oil cap and if you take the rocker cover breather of its like moby d*ck.lol

Its not burning oil out the exhaust so dont think it could be the rings also the oil gauge sits just out the red at idle and 2 bars above 2k?

Does this just sound like a breathing problem to everyone?

Cheers Richard

Mikey S

Hi all one of my mates has just bought a 1.6 gti.

Problem is when the car is hot and your driving it over 3k it keeps pi**ing oil out the dip stick

There is a bit of mayo at the oil cap and if you take the rocker cover breather of its like moby d*ck.lol

Its not burning oil out the exhaust so dont think it could be the rings also the oil gauge sits just out the red at idle and 2 bars above 2k?

Does this just sound like a breathing problem to everyone?

Cheers Richard

It sounds more like its breathing heavy. i.e worn piston rings (blowby) which is pressurising the sump causing oil to spray out the dipstick tube. First thing would be to check the breather system is not blocked, if thats ok, a rebuild is on the cards. :(

mike

smithy

As above check breathers first as it could well be a simple fix.

In oil filler cap there is a gauze remove that as if blocked will stop engine breathing,check all pipes are clean and free from kinks/obstructions.

Finally make sure the barb on intake hose is clear aswell as the port on throttle body,carb cleaner and paper clip are good for this.

Sign in to follow this