• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
flipperthebushkangaroo

Electrical Items Help Required

flipperthebushkangaroo

Hello again,

Managed to get a few hours in on the 205 today, I'm in the process of removing the alarm and trying to sort a cople of other jobs while i'm at it.

Firstly when i dropped the fuse board from the glove box i found what looks like an earth block but i can't find where it should be mounted its shiney on the back so has clearly been fitted recently but where?

th_SNC00069.jpg

th_SNC00070.jpg

Then i started to strip the centre console down to sort out the heater controls (fan has to be held against a spring to go full speed and the vents will not change over) and i can not get the heater control panel free and i have found a small bulb which appeared as i removed the 3 switch panel not sure where it should fit.

th_SNC00071.jpg

This is how far i have got with the heater controls.

th_SNC00073.jpg

And finally the screw to the right of the dials that holds the top of the instrument panel on visable through a small hole is rounded off (not by me it's how i found it) how on earth can i get it out now. The plastic around it is already cracking.

As ever your advice is greaty appreciated

Roddie

smithy

the bulb looks like the one from ashtray.

the screw if it is that bad it will not move with anything only thing i can suggest is drilling head off and then mole gripping the remains out once panel is removed.

as for the block does not look familiar but i am spending a couple of hours on my pug tomorrow so can see where it fits on mine and let you know then.

rallysteve
the bulb looks like the one from ashtray.

the screw if it is that bad it will not move with anything only thing i can suggest is drilling head off and then mole gripping the remains out once panel is removed.

as for the block does not look familiar but i am spending a couple of hours on my pug tomorrow so can see where it fits on mine and let you know then.

That block is from the back of the dash, it screws up to the back of the plastic part on the left hand side :)

Steve

flipperthebushkangaroo
That block is from the back of the dash, it screws up to the back of the plastic part on the left hand side :lol:

Steve

Cheers Steve,

Think i know where you mean will have a look tomorrow.

Does anyone know how to remove the heater controls? or how to get to the place the vent selection is done?

Thanks again

Roddie