• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Rob Turbo

Bike Engined Daewoo Matiz

mainline

Great idea. The more s*ite the car is, the better. I would say the 126, 500 and even the Smart have been done to death, so go for it! I love those kind of conversions, keep it stock stealth and fun and it will be a real blast. They were available in some horrible colours too. I would go for a metallic Tan / Orange. There is one round my way and it looks awful.

I bet you could save quite a bit of weight stripping bits out of the Matiz anyway. I imagine the engine will be a lot lighter, and the gearbox, then bin the soundproofing, rear seats and other bits and I'm sure you could be down to 600 odd kg :lol:

Looking at how much modern cars weigh, the Matiz is incredibly light, and importantly for your purposes, incredibly s*it!!!!

Best of luck - go for it!!!

Peetypug

what about a yugo 45 :lol:

mainline
what about a yugo 45 :lol:

That would be ace. Its just finding any Yugo for sale thats the hard bit.

I'd love to do something like this with my DAF 44 :lol: Too complex though

Cameron

How about a Robin? That would be fun to drive.. WHEELIE TIME! ;)

Rob Turbo

I've been thinking about a fiat cinquecento, they're even cheaper, not so many about though, and, 2 bike engines!!

To keep it road legal I'd have to make at least one of the gear linkages removeable so I can run it with only one engine if needed (for the mot!!), it seems easier to get the engine in the back.

There was one local, not bike engined, but I'm going to try tracking the lad down to see if I can have a poke around under the bonet, haven't seen it for a good while though.

Daviewonder

A guy I know has a bike engined chinqucento and a twin bike engined seicento that he races, both rear engined though. If you need any info I can ask his advice.

Rob Turbo
A guy I know has a bike engined chinqucento and a twin bike engined seicento that he races, both rear engined though. If you need any info I can ask his advice.

Photos would be nice if possible?

JRL

I have owned a seicento and that didnt handle too badly and has that crappy old lady shopping car stigma like the matiz

omega

years ago i but a r1(yamaha 1000cc] engine in a bedford rascal van.i was only young and my skills and tools where limited,i mounted the engine in the back of the van and chopped the propshaft and welded a sproket to it.iused the bike exhaust on it and it sounded ace.you did have to use lots of revs and it was quite fast.[it was not a quite van to be in] this was quite easy to do as the bike ran carbs so no trick electronics needed.never sorted a reverse gear out so had to push it back never told the insurance company either.had it for about 8 months until it failed the mot on lots of rust.it was 100 per cent FUN.

Cameron

Bedford Rascal would be brilliant! :huh:

I like the idea of a Cinquecento, or maybe a Metro?

TT205

Angry little beast :lol:

Rob Turbo

I might have found a winner!

There's a Seicento local-ish going cheap, test but no tax (about £70 for 6 months), seems to be in good nic from what I've seen but has an unknown engine problem, it runs, just not very well, which obviously isn't a problem in this case!

Keep your eyes peeled for a new project thread starting soon!

Rob Turbo

That one sold before I got there, back to the drawing board!

omega

'Rob Turbo'

i hate you

its all your fault

id hardley ever noticed before

BUT

every where i go now i see a bloody matiz

and im sure ive seen the same browny matalic one a hundred times in fact i think its stalking me!!

Arahan

As long as you dont do this to it, I'm sure it will be just fine!

Image0403.jpg

Spotted today at work!