• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
NNPUT

Front Bumper Removal

NNPUT

Guys, how the hell do i take the front bumper off a GTi model?? I have undone the bolts going through the brackets at the front but it still wont budge. The rubber side mounts which bolt to the wing are whats confusing me. Should the bumper pull out/off the rubber mounts????

Ta

Mark

allye

You need to undo the 4 bolts, 2 at the front as you say, and 2 on the sides then it will come off. Its a right faf and commonly all the bolts are rusted and snap!

SurGie

Yes, so using a grinder to take the bolts of from inside the arch area off is the best way to get the bolts out.

allye
Yes, so using a grinder to take the bolts of from inside the arch area off is the best way to get the bolts out.

Indeed, I just helped a friend put some GTI valances on his XRDT and we ended up cutting all but 2 of the bolts :)

Thats why I'll be replacing them with stainless items.

tomcolinjones
Indeed, I just helped a friend put some GTI valances on his XRDT and we ended up cutting all but 2 of the bolts :)

Thats why I'll be replacing them with stainless items.

and if they dont snap they end up turning the rectangle 'captive' bolt head that locates in the bumper, and makes a lovely circle shaped scratch in your bumper :)

best to cut them off and get replacements

• Like 1

NNPUT
and if they dont snap they end up turning the rectangle 'captive' bolt head that locates in the bumper, and makes a lovely circle shaped scratch in your bumper :)

Thanks Guys, i'll have another go next weekend! Once the bumpers off i can then tackle tidying the front end up around the headlamp frames and take the engine and box out.

Henry Yorke
and if they dont snap they end up turning the rectangle 'captive' bolt head that locates in the bumper, and makes a lovely circle shaped scratch in your bumper :lol:

+1 They always sheer off. They are a special T shaped bolt that are about £2 each from Peugeot. I don't think you can get alternatives

SurGie

Nope, you can only get those bolts in a package of bumper bits like plastic clips etc, around £25. The other bumper bits like at the sides etc are about £35 total for the lot. I found this out recently.

You can get them made cheaper though im sure.