• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
driversdomainuk

Mi16 Oil Pump Teeth

driversdomainuk

Hi

Can anyone tell me the number of teeth should be on an MI16 oil pump sprocket (the large one on the outside)

Also need to know the number teeth on the small sprocket which drives the oil pump...

Thanks

Rob

S@m

The sprocket on the crank has 22teeth. Provided you mean the 1.9 Mi16 anyway.(2.0 mi16 has 26) And as far as i am aware all the oil pumps have the same number of teeth, its the crank sprocket that changes; Still dont know how many though.

Sam

driversdomainuk

thanks mate - will just need to investigate that then...

Anthony
And as far as i am aware all the oil pumps have the same number of teeth, its the crank sprocket that changes; Still dont know how many though.

That's certainly the case with XU5, XU9 and XU10 engines that I've seen, but atleast with the XU7JP4 (1.8 16v) the drive on both the pump and crank are tiny - I don't have one to hand to measure, but the XU7 pump drive cog is probably half the size of a XU5/9/10 pump.

S@m

According to servicebox, the xu7's use the same as the 1.9 Mi16, 22 tooth sprocket on the crank. Still cannot comment on the oil pump sprocket size though.

welshpug

I think the XU7 oil pump sprocket is much the same size as the crank sprocket, i'll see if I can find it at home later.

Anthony
According to servicebox, the xu7's use the same as the 1.9 Mi16, 22 tooth sprocket on the crank. Still cannot comment on the oil pump sprocket size though.

A picture paints a thousand words as they say...

img2935b.jpg

XU7JP4 oil pump on the left, standard XU5/XU9 oil pump on the right. Note the significant difference in sprocket size.

Whilst you can't clearly see the crank sprocket on the XU7JP4 engine in this picture, you can see from the angle of the chain that it's pretty much the same size as the oil pump sprocket, resulting in a much higher pump speed and thus oil flow than a XU5/XU9/XU10 pump setup.

Sign in to follow this