• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
aldoMJ

1.6 To A 2.0ltr 8v Zx Volcane Engine

aldoMJ

Hi I would really appreciate if anybody knows where to find wiring diagram for my 1.6 gti phase 1. I am going to convert to a 2.0 8v engine from a zx volcane

alan

welshpug

I wouldn't bother with tat engine myself, heavier and hardly any more power, they do have half decent engine management though.

Anthony
I wouldn't bother with tat engine myself, heavier and hardly any more power, they do have half decent engine management though.

It can be made to perform well though with a little work - GTi cam, inlet and management, together with the lack of CAT in a 205 usually results in a little more power and torque than a 1.9 non-CAT.

Atari-Boy on here has something similar to the above which rolling-roaded a little over 140hp from memory.

welshpug

might as well drop an Mi16/gti6 in though :)

Atari Boy

Good memory Anthony!

Mi's are getting old now and deserve a rebuild, 6 lumps are good granted but the conversion is not as easy as dropping an XU10J2 lump in (which are much cheaper to buy also).

Edited by Atari Boy

Anthony
might as well drop an Mi16/gti6 in though :)

Just a small difference in price and fitting complexity though...

2.0 8v is barely more involved than a straight like for like swap, and given that they're a comparitively unloved engine that isn't in demand, they're cheap as chips to pickup.

Sign in to follow this