• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
RGT100

Help Arb Stuck

jord294

if you get the rear beam refreshed, you'll notice a great difference

i recently rebuilt my beam using 21mm torsion bars, new bearings, seals, new mounts and new shockers. i did lower it slightly aswell

the car feels about 10ft wide at the back :lol:

definately more planted than standard guise :huh:

RGT100
if you get the rear beam refreshed, you'll notice a great difference

i recently rebuilt my beam using 21mm torsion bars, new bearings, seals, new mounts and new shockers. i did lower it slightly aswell

the car feels about 10ft wide at the back :lol:

definately more planted than standard guise :huh:

Whats the size of the slide hammers you lot use as my 5Lb one not doing a lot of anything i put a bit of heat on but the axle just laughing at me saying that all you Got

Also with gti spec Axle would i need GTi/ Dturbo Front springs?

Edited by RGT100

jord294

i've never used a slide hammer on the beams i do :lol:

RGT100
i've never used a slide hammer on the beams i do :lol:

How do you Get them out special method?

Edited by RGT100

RGT100

These are the outer bearing external sizes Nick (Wurzel) sent me;

According to the vernier calipers:

Width 21.87mm (0.861 ins)

Diameter 53.17mm (2.093 ins)

Radius arm shaft is 47mm (1.85 ins).

QUOTE FROM A POST FROM A SEARCH

Got me bearing kits today from pug

£38.40 for 2 kits

My bearing

Width 19mm

Diameter 53.17mm

and it has 45 rollers

Why is it 2mm Narrower?

Make KOVO or KOYO and TORINGTON

Inner Bearing

Width 21.9mm

Diameter 49.8( I assume there is a recess for the larger outer bearing to fit in to?)

30 Rollers

Make INAx2

Also Should i worry about the inner as i read a thread about poor quality bearing cant find it but i think these were in it

Edited by RGT100

jord294

originally the outer bearings were nearly 22mm, but the 306 bearing kit came with the near 20mm outer bearings. i don't understand why :huh:

i've just made a bulk order of parts for rebuilding beams and the outer bearings are now the 20mm as in the 306 kits

all you need to do is centralise the narrower outer bearing in the end of the tube

at least they still have the full amount of needle rollers. as last year, there was an issue

Anthony

Yup, the low-quality outer bearings that cause premature wear/failure only have 30 needles, rather than 45 like the originals.

RGT100

i have the low quality inner bearing 30 roller instead of the 35 will that be sufficient or am i best of sourcing a 35 roller bearing if so where can i get them from as peugeot don't do them any more

Also why is my inner bearing got a smaller diameter than the outer?

Edited by RGT100

Anthony
i have the low quality inner bearing 30 roller instead of the 35 will that be sufficient or am i best of sourcing a 35 roller bearing if so where can i get them from as peugeot don't do them any more

Also why is my inner bearing got a smaller diameter than the outer?

The inner bearing has a much reduced loading compared to the outer one, and a 30 needle bearing will be fine there.

The inner bearing is always smaller diameter than the outer - that's how Peugeot designed the beams.

RGT100

hi guys

can someone just confirm this for me

5172.24 Is this the round black rubber that sits round the arb plate to stop the ARB rattling looks a bit like a half use roll of insulation tape?

and

5174.03 is this the seal that seals the arb and also is this the same as the 306 as when i was searching it was said it was different?

RGT100

How on earth are you ment to get the bearings out?

I've got the one outer bearing out but scored it a bit so going to have to clean it up a bit

Just thought i would ask you guys as im seem to bend the rim every time i try to lever it out

RGT100
How on earth are you ment to get the bearings out?

I've got the one outer bearing out but scored it a bit so going to have to clean it up a bit

Just thought i would ask you guys as im seem to bend the rim every time i try to lever it out

Got them out wacked them out with a scaffolding bar

5172.24 Is this the round black rubber that sits round the arb plate to stop the ARB rattling looks a bit like a half used roll of insulation tape?

and

5174.03 is this the seal that seals the arb and also is this the same as the 306 as when i was searching it was said it was different?

RGT100

hi guys got it all done just stuck on 1 thing clearence between crosmember seal and trailing arm (not arb)

there are 2 guides one says 0.5mm and the other 0.05mm wich is it?

arb clearence is 1mm

Also i have a plastic ring come with the kit do i fit it aswell of do you guys leave it out?

Edited by RGT100

RGT100

Right guys i have got the axle back together every things fine im going on a breakers yard hunt for parts tommorow in the list im after a 24mm Arb

so Far i know there in the XSi/GTI/Hdi Dturbo

Are the 24mm ARB in the xud Dturbo's eg 1993-99?

If so it would be a lot easier to find as there are many of them in the breakers round here

The axle that came of my car is completley shot there where no bearings left and it ground out the tube like an egg oval

Are the trailing arms worth any thing guys or shall i give them to the scrap metal man?

RossD

The earlier DTurbos didn't have the 24mm rear ARB, at least mine didn't when I had one several years ago! You can also be looking on the Xsara VTS's.

welshpug

yup, you wont find a 24mm arb on an XUD, only the DW10 DTurbo and the S16/XSI/GTI6/Rallye.

phase 1 Xsara VTS, not phase 2 which is listed as a 23mm arb.

RGT100

hi guys are the trailing arms worth anything there HDI disc hub with bearing & ABS the shafts would have to be pressed out as they are knackerd

Anthony
yup, you wont find a 24mm arb on an XUD, only the DW10 DTurbo and the S16/XSI/GTI6/Rallye.

phase 1 Xsara VTS, not phase 2 which is listed as a 23mm arb.

Some early Phase 2 VTS's also have a 24mm ARB (such as the 51 plate one I've just done for a work colleague)

And did you mean DTurbo as in trim level, as most HDi's don't have a 24mm ARB - seems to be 20 or 22mm from what I've seen?

Alastairh

22mm Shuttle.

welshpug

yup DTurbo HDI is full sport spec as opposed to the older XUD9TE DTurbo which is XS spec.

They're petty much all gti6 bar front brakes springs gearbox and engine, all half leather auto wipers aircon etc.