• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
monkee87

Non Sunroof Cars Really Are More Nimble!

Sunroof or no sunroof  

172 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

monkee87

What's going on?! :huh:

:ph34r: at the comments though.

Thought this was a poll to see who has a tintop, a converted tintop and who has a sunroof?

(I seem to of rialed some people by saying tintops handle better.. So my bad! :lol: )

SurGie

The only reason i have a non-sunny type 205gti is down the the aesthetics, the 205 gti looks cleaner more refined showing the square roof lines, imo of coarse.

Daviewonder

I have always preferred the look of sunroof GTIs myself. Non sunroof look a bit bare to me.

allye
I like Chicken.

I'm a vegetarian and take offence to that :ph34r:

floodys
So, I just picked up my new GTi today, which happens to be a tintop. I've had one before, but never got to drive it.. All the other GTi's I've had have all had sunroofs.

Well, what a difference having no hole in the roof makes! Car is so nimble and chuckable. Just seems to handle so much better than any 205 I've had! I've had a couple which were lowered and it's better than them..

Anyway, rant over, I'm well pleased with my purchase! :ph34r: (thanks floodys!!)

Thats because the car has come from a good, decent source!!! garage-a-la-floods!! i thought it was quite nimble and pokey as i said to you!! pleased your enjoying it!!

1. non sunny track car

2. sunny black PH2 2nd owner from new! best of both worlds!

Richie

Personally, i think the sunroof is one of my favourite features of the 205 (the big slidey vac one). I don't push it hard enough to worry about rigidity (is that a word?), so yeah i like my sunroof.

large

I was going to start a poll on where do you poo.

At home

In work

Don't give a sh*t

I'm an in work sort of guy, as it's something I have to do I may as well get paid for it.

McDude
I'm an in work sort of guy, as it's something I have to do I may as well get paid for it.

I'm with you on this one Large - get paid for it, use their paper, get it cleaned up by someone else. Win-win situation.

kyepan

i "check in" to the gents at my work on facebook... i feel it is a tongue in cheek act of defiance.

Richie

Adult nappies ftw.

Henry Yorke
Personally, i think the sunroof is one of my favourite features of the 205 (the big slidey vac one). I don't push it hard enough to worry about rigidity (is that a word?), so yeah i like my sunroof.

I prefer sunroofs as when the roof is open and the rear quarter windows are ajar, on a summers day, it feels great. However roofs suck on a nice day so I avoid them!

With the comments about the extra weight higher up, then the lack of metal and a cloth replacement and thicker sills means the CTIs centre of gravity is lower and therefore better handling, along with a factory fitted roll cage. End of... :P

get it cleaned up by someone else. Win-win situation.

You have an official ar$e wiper at work? You must work in local government!!! :ph34r:

Moby

My 1st 205 was a non sunny , I've had three sunny models after that can't really remember if any difference in handling. I do prefer the sunny, so I can enjoy the fresh air conditioning on a sunny day with the sunroof open.

SurGie

Whats all this namby pamby girly whirly fresh air business, a real man likes stinky oil smell coming through the air vents :ph34r:

Note wrong with having the windows open if being cooled is needed, having the inside of the car dry is a good thing and with the parts for sunroofs becoming scarce, i'd rather have a tin roof. I also like the roof lining on a tin roof, no rips or bends around the sunroof areas.

A CTI is a whole sunroof, which is even worse imo. I like my 205's to look rawe and ready, not namby pamby with a water fall as a feature lol.

Daviewonder
I prefer sunroofs as when the roof is open and the rear quarter windows are ajar, on a summers day, it feels great.

Feels even better on a warm summers night B)

With the comments about the extra weight higher up, then the lack of metal and a cloth replacement and thicker sills means the CTIs centre of gravity is lower and therefore better handling, along with a factory fitted roll cage. End of... :P

This is true. I've always wanted a CTI but unfortunately I never learned hairdressing :P :P

Matt205

Definately sunroof for the road, but later in the year I'll be looking for a tin top for the track.

Cameron

I love having a sunroof if it's a standard road-going 205, but only if it's the proper vacuum sealed one. I HATE having a sunroof on my track 205 though, mainly because I had to RTV the f****r shut to stop it leaking, but also because the glare is reheeally annoying.

Ps I prefer going twosies at work too. My mate worked out he gets paid about £25 per week to have a dump, but then he goes about 5 times a day.

Edp

tin top but it came from the factory as a glass top.

DSCF0642.jpg

DSCF0644Small.jpg

tartanbloke

Evening,

I love the sunroof in mine as it is a proper vacuum one.

Chris