• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
carlh.1

Turbo Manifolds?

Jamesboost69
Yours made good power from such low boost, that must be down to the larger valves, mines using bocsh 346cc injectors dave walker from emerald said they were at 80%. is your set up kind of like this?

http://i596.photobucket.com/albums/tt41/carlh-1/005.jpg

Yeah pretty much looks the exactly the same except my boost pipe runs under the car and I dont have a dump valve.. I've used the 1.9 inlet like yours with a larger throttle body. U know what size throttle body u have??

My injectors r Bosch 385cc and r about 70% duty cycle, probaby could have sqeezed 250bhp on the rollers but as it was the first propper map I wanted to run it safe for 6months then do a leakdown test..

reason I'm thinking of a custom manifold is I've heard the standard cast manifolds can boost up fine but have trouble holding high boosts but I'm still researching.. Most things made for the tct 205 are for left hand drives. :lol:

I recon 300bhp is well in reach for these engines with the right set up!! urs looks nice by the the way :D

Sorry what I ment to say is doesnt exceed 14.2 A/F

Arahan

What throttle body are you lot using with the GTI inlet manifold?

carlh.1

Mines running standard throttle body at the moment but hoping to fit a larger item because i think that will end up a limiting factor for me, is yours a standard item machined out?

what cylinder head are you using and valve sizes?

back to the exhaust manifolds i know what you mean and would like to know more about the difference in power/torque curve from different manifolds, if any difference, with a manifold like the 1 you have found would lag start being more of a factor?

Arahan

The standard throttle body? So do you all use mappable management then? As have heard you have to make a bracket to make it work the other way or something for the xu10 management?

carlh.1

Ye mines on emerald management, so uses al new sensors.

Henry Yorke

Standard XU9 throttle body for me on Motronic 3.2. It is 57mm compared to the 50mm one of the XU10J2TE and has the advantage of a proper plenum chamber.

I can't remember the ins and outs of what was needed on the throttle body, but it operates back to front or something on the XU10 compared to the XU9. Mine has a bracket on it from an old Cavalier IIRC to allow it to run

Arahan

Yeah it was you that was telling me! ha! Couldnt look at the link to the psooc you sent me as im not a member :lol: anychance theres another way to view it?

Daviewonder
Yeah it was you that was telling me! ha! Couldnt look at the link to the psooc you sent me as im not a member :lol: anychance theres another way to view it?

I've been wanting to view it for ages, I even signed up to psooc to have a gander but still couldn't view it for some reason.

Henry Yorke
Yeah it was you that was telling me! ha! Couldnt look at the link to the psooc you sent me as im not a member :( anychance theres another way to view it?
I've been wanting to view it for ages, I even signed up to psooc to have a gander but still couldn't view it for some reason.

You're both active members so should be able to sign in and see http://psooc.com/threads/67433-205-CTI-Turbo-The-Green-Skip

This is my TPS

post-3457-1295480966_thumb.jpg

Daviewonder

I can read through it Henry but when I click a thumbnail I get told this-

daviewonder, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page.

Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?

If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

?

Jamesboost69

Mines a 57mm machined out throttle body with larger butterfly... running KMS tps and management

The TT manifold produces hardly any lag but then its still running a fairly small turbo... Need a custom manifold to fit a big turbo to make big power, Bigger turbo = more lag tho...

Arahan
You're both active members so should be able to sign in and see http://psooc.com/threads/67433-205-CTI-Turbo-The-Green-Skip

Yeah I've signed up to the forum and have now read through it! Never did before as thought the PSOOC was a paid membership, but I then found out that the forum is free!

Thanks for the pic too :(

wicked
reason I'm thinking of a custom manifold is I've heard the standard cast manifolds can boost up fine but have trouble holding high boosts but I'm still researching.. Most things made for the tct 205 are for left hand drives. :)

That's not only because of the manifold, but mainly due to the tiny turbo that's running out of steam... It cannot produce enough flow to maintain pressure.

The tct manifold is far from optimal, but not the limiting factor. (seen a story of a guy that put a td04 on a tct manifold with some flanges and got upto 250 bhp)

whizzer71
The standard throttle body? So do you all use mappable management then? As have heard you have to make a bracket to make it work the other way or something for the xu10 management?

You dont just swap the polarity of the feed / earth and it reverses the scale

Arahan

As in swap the wires around? Not electronically minded at all!

whizzer71
As in swap the wires around? Not electronically minded at all!

Yep the earth and feed, not the potentiometer read back to the ecu

Tris

Arahan

Again excuse the noob question, but which wires are which? :P

whizzer71

Off the top of my head I wouldnt be able to answer that without looking at a 406 diagram, BUT I seem to remember its the two outer wires on the plug, I know emerald uses a 5v feed to it, I know we had to switch the pos & neg to get the resistance to rise and fall the right way around, just looked at a 6' Diagram and its pins 1 & 3, pin 2 (Red) being the sensing wire from or to the ECU, Feed being pin 1 (White) and earth pin 3 (Green/Yellow) But that is on a 6'

Tris

Arahan

Cool thanks! :o

Sign in to follow this