• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
jonnyturbo

Xu10j2te Overfueling/headgasket

pip470

Have you took the head off yet???

whizzer71

Gti6 head gasket is what we use, never had any issues as yet despite one of them being continually driven on 1.2 bar :mellow:

jonnyturbo

good to hear whizzer, il get one ordered from ecp asap. not had chance to take head off yet with working and cold weather/snow. soon as i have i shall post up.

jonnyturbo

anybody know where i line up the white line on the cambelt with the crank pulley or is it on the cog behind the pulley? surely you cant line it up if the crank pulley is on? i found a little dot on the cam pulley so hoping thats it.

jonnyturbo

ok time to bump this back up again.

timed up the engine using the white lines on the cambelt and its still running the same, i unplugged the coolant temp sensor and it ran even worse so i plugged it and plugged it in to another coolant temp sensor i had and its still running the same. no smoke when idle but give it a few revs and it will smoke for about 20 seconds and smell of petrol.

im lost with this at the moment and unsure what to do next.

my temp guage is still not working neither if anybody has any ideas about that too.

Edited by jonnyturbo

Daviewonder

This sounds exactly like what my V6 was doing when the EMTS had packed up. Was the one you swapped it to a known good one?

jonnyturbo

no davie just another one i had.

only other things it could be is fuel pump which is a gti6 pump or the lamba sensor but i dont think the lamba would make it run as it is running now.

looking on ecp a black cts says its for the RFV (XU10J4R) and xu10j2te which is £25 but theres a green one on there saying its for the RFV (XU10J4R) only which is £12. i dont want to spend £13 more then i dont haft to so if anybody knows if the cheaper one will work please let me know.

also is it the cts that sends the signal to the temp guage?

Edited by jonnyturbo

welshpug

they are all Green, no black coolant/engine temperature sensors were used.

they're £17.50 from Peugeot.

Edited by welshpug

jonnyturbo

time to bump this up again, bought a coolant sensor fitted and no change so if anyones got any more ideas i can try let me know

whizzer71

Have you tried a different set of injectors ?

Tris

jonnyturbo
Have you tried a different set of injectors ?

Tris

yep

jonnyturbo

anyone think of anything else i can try? evan with the new cts my temp guage is still not working as well.

whizzer71
anyone think of anything else i can try? evan with the new cts my temp guage is still not working as well.

Have you tried another Tps ?

:(

jonnyturbo

yep i changed the whole throttlebody for another one and still same.

jonnyturbo

really need to get this fixed soon as i haft to be out my unit soon so any ideas of what could fix my stupid little problem please send them my way,

could it be anything to do with vacuum pipes? maybe my fuel pump wired up wrong?

what sends the signal to my temp guage on my dash as its not working so maybe a problem lies in the wiring somewhere?

whizzer71

Dash temp guage works off a seperate sender in the rear of the thermonstat housing, there are two senders with single spade connectors on them, one does the guage, one does the overheat light.

Have you checked the basics, compression and leak down test ?

Tris

welshpug
Dash temp guage works off a seperate sender in the rear of the thermonstat housing, there are two senders with single spade connectors on them, one does the guage, one does the overheat light.

Have you checked the basics, compression and leak down test ?

Tris

its not separate on the XU10 engine, its the blue 2 pin sensor/switch for the gauge.

jonnyturbo

so the blue sensor down behind the thermo housing is for the temp guage, il change that see if temp guage works thanks.

done a compression test all good so no problems there, is there anything wiring wise i can check?

would the oxygen sensor cause it to overfuel? if so where is this located? also mentioned a camshaft sensor?

Edited by jonnyturbo

jonnyturbo

ignore question about oxygen sensor. is my next option to whip the head off and check see if everythings ok there?

Tom Fenton

Have you checked the fuel pressure?

jonnyturbo

how would i go about checking it? iv had the fuel pipe off going to the fuel rail and turned the pump on and alls good if thats what you mean? i have a video on my phone of the car running so il upload it tommorow

jonnyturbo

would a cracked head cause it to run like it is? as i think my next option might be to remove the head and get it checked.

whizzer71
its not separate on the XU10 engine, its the blue 2 pin sensor/switch for the gauge.

Ok so maybe I didnt word that quite correctly, The green two pin one is also sometimes a green is for the injection side of things, the guage however does work off the two single pin senders in the rear of the thermostat housing when youve removed them from the original 205 thermostat housing and installed them to continue their operation in the XU10 housing Lol,thats how I do it anyway

Tris

whizzer71
would a cracked head cause it to run like it is? as i think my next option might be to remove the head and get it checked.

You can achieve that by using a leak down tester and save yourself the aggro of removing the head

:)

Sign in to follow this