• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
bazil_205gti

205 Phase One Door Hinges

bazil_205gti

Hi all

i need to replace the door hinges and pins on my 205 as there is loads of play in the doors so they dont open and shut great. have spoke to peageot and they told me there 15 quid but i cant buy them from them any more!? thanks alot! any ideas where i could get some from?

matt

welshpug

sod ebay!! those pins retailed at about £2 when I got some, I'd try another dealer and ask if they will do a seatrch around the country of stock, you may find an older dealership that has some on the shelf.

one-lady-owner

I may have a pair of hinges and pins, although they are back home (southampton) and I'm up at uni in chippenham at the moment, I won't be going back to southampton till christmas. If you're happy to wait that long send me a PM and i'll make sure I remember to have a look when I get back.

Anthony

If there's significant amounts of play, then chances are that the hinge pins alone won't solve the problem - you'll probably need to drill the hinge pin holes oversize and use a larger hinge pin in place of the original.

In my experience, you really need to catch them when the play is only just beginning for it to be fixed with just a replacement hinge pin - leave it too long, and the hinge holes themselves wear ovalled and will still have slop even with a new pin.

McDude
If there's significant amounts of play, then chances are that the hinge pins alone won't solve the problem - you'll probably need to drill the hinge pin holes oversize and use a larger hinge pin in place of the original.

In my experience, you really need to catch them when the play is only just beginning for it to be fixed with just a replacement hinge pin - leave it too long, and the hinge holes themselves wear ovalled and will still have slop even with a new pin.

What Anthony said!

I used some of these http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/8-x-50mm-Stainless-R...id=p3286.c0.m14

8mm x 50mm roll pins - yours for a fiver (and that's for 10). Recomended to me by another forum member (DaveMar).

They work a treat and now my door has zero slop or rattle.

Hell - I should have 8 of them sittting around somewhere!

GeorgeXS

I did eactly the same as McDude worked a treat!

bazil_205gti

thanks everyone for the advice have got some 8mm x 50mm roll pins from work and they have done the trick :lol: cheeeeers!

McDude

You've fitted them already? Blimey! That was quick!

What size did you drill the hole in the hinge to? I went with an 8mm hole and it was probably a bit on the tight side, but I figure it will only get looser with use. Others have used 8.5mm with good results.

bazil_205gti

I dont hang about lol and to be fair didnt take 5 mins to knock old pins out, i went for an 8mm hole too took a bit of gental perswation :) but there in nice and tight and not a tiny bit of play :)