• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
flipperthebushkangaroo

Wheel Ofsets

flipperthebushkangaroo

I've looked at lots of places and am just getting more and more befuddled!!!!

I'm looking at getting some winter tyres after my awful drives to and from work today in the MX5 (205 off the road at the moment) and was hoping to get some wheels (cheap) and tyres that would fit the MX and the 205 since the MX is on 15" i would like to go for that size. but, I am getting confused about suitable wheels (stud pattern and offset), some seem to be advertised as for either car but is that just that sizes at available for either or will one wheel fit both?? Oh yes and when they say Offset : 15 to 45 does that mean for the range of or available for?????

Sorry for the ramble and confusion but i'm a bit baffeled to put it mildly!!!!!!

Thanks

Roddie

Baz

Pretty sure that's the range, ie. mk1's have a different offset to mk2 and 3's iirc.

I guess you'd need to find out the exact offset of your model mx5, i doubt they'd be ideal for both cars tbh, but you may find something that'll fit both although perhaps not perfectly!

flipperthebushkangaroo
Pretty sure that's the range, ie. mk1's have a different offset to mk2 and 3's iirc.

I guess you'd need to find out the exact offset of your model mx5, i doubt they'd be ideal for both cars tbh, but you may find something that'll fit both although perhaps not perfectly!

OK not wanting to sound daft (probably too late!!) but what range of offsets are normal on a 205 (mine is a 1.6 if that makes a differance)

Thanks for your quick reply Baz

Anthony

1.6 GTi alloys (14 x 5.5J) are ET24 and 1.9 GTi alloys (15 x 6J) are ET19

The lower the offset number, the further out the wheels protrude from the car. Higher offset are recess inwards more, which can cause problems as the wheel/tyre can foul suspension parts - 405 Mi16 alloys for example (15 x 6J) are ET29 and foul the suspension parts unless you fit spacers.

Aren't the PCD and center bore sizes different between Mazda and Peugeot wheels though? I thought it was only Ford that Peugeot shared the PCD with, although I know some alloys have two sets of holes and may possibly fit both.

flipperthebushkangaroo

Um er well....................................

OK what is PCD and centre bore size????

Sorry, but don't hate me, i'm a lecky!!!!!

Anthony
OK what is PCD and centre bore size????

Center bore is the size of the hole in the middle of the wheel, which locates over the hub.

PCD is the number and spacing of the wheel bolts.

Peugeot 205/306 is PCD 4 x 108 with a center bore of 65mm

Mazda MX5 is PCD 4 x 100 with a center bore of 54mm

flipperthebushkangaroo

Ah so to put it simply i can't put the same wheel onboth cars bu66er oh well back to the drawing board!!!!!

Thank you all for your rapid replys will have to get some new wheels for the 5 and refurb the spare pepperpots then .

Thanks againfor all the help

Roddie

Edited by flipperthebushkangaroo

Rippthrough

2-3 bags of sand in the boot, or some toolboxes, it'll feel miles better

Baz

Ahh I was assuming the PCD was the same! I really should've remembered they're not as i've looked into it before! :D

Obey_R

A lot of aftermarket wheels that are multifit are 4x108 and 4x100, this means they have 8 stud holes, 4 to fit a Peugeot, 4 to fit Vauxhall and Mazda. So if you find some wheels which are 4x100/4x108 multifit with a bore size of 65mm, they will bolt straight to the Peugeot, then when you want to pop them on the Mazda, you use the other set of bolt holes and some spiggot rings to drop the bore size down to 54mm.

Then just assuming the tyre profile for both cars can work without rubbing, bob's your uncle :D