• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Kev-G

H20 Cos

Kev-G
"The Dimma Cosworth may have been quicker & flashier, but this is the car we all wanted to drive." :o

Graham.

I don't think that there would have been much in it performance wise in reality....Remember that in those days 280BHP for a Cossie was quite a big deal. A16V RE must have been over 200BHP with a Longman Head, Cams + Carbs (which I think was the spec. in the article).

If memory serves me right the chap (Kieran x) had H20 COS, another Dimma 1.6 Cab., and a Ferrari Testarossa....H20 COS beat the Fezza in the article.

Henry Yorke
Maybe so or you're thinking of another van, the one I had in mind was from a feature in 1996, 14 years ago:

http://passionford.com/forum/restorations-...nning-gear.html

I just remember thinking it was pretty awesome, not sure if it was done before H20 COS though.

The red van (J20S RS) appeared on ebay in a tatty state approx 5 years go and I last saw it at a Psooc day at Llandow in South Wales about 3 years ago looking much better and on Compomotives. I first saw it back in about 1998 at a PSOOC Yorkshire meet. The owner had come up from Derby with it.

If memory serves me right the chap (Kieran x) had H20 COS, another Dimma 1.6 Cab., and a Ferrari Testarossa....H20 COS beat the Fezza in the article.

Kieran Hickey had a 104 K as the cab and yes it was his Tessarossa too. You can download the feature here http://psooc.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=480

maxpower-vs-tessarossa-1_502.jpg

The new owner (Ian) is on the PSOOC forum too as he used to be a member of the club in the early 90's

http://psooc.com/threads/70600-H20-COS-Dimma-Cosworth

BusEngineer
"The Dimma Cosworth may have been quicker & flashier, but this is the car we all wanted to drive." :)

Graham.

OK im intrigued and i might be missing something simple :) but which car is this quote about?

Henry Yorke
OK im intrigued and i might be missing something simple :lol: but which car is this quote about?

Rabs (Thug Pug) A16V RE one with the 309 front bumper

BusEngineer

Sound got it now :lol:

Kev-G

Probably one of the first Mi16 converted 205's ever (not counting Gutmann modified ones + it may even have been around the same time as them).

I'm sure Rab can update on the history.

C_W

Was this the car also on Fondmetal 4000s? I'm sure I remember that old article and one of the 205s had them on.

pug_ham
Was this the car also on Fondmetal 4000s? I'm sure I remember that old article and one of the 205s had them on.

Yes, same Fondmetal 4000's as you had on yours & afaik the first 205 to run a 309 GTI rear beam.

Graham.

HERMAN
Maybe so or you're thinking of another van, the one I had in mind was from a feature in 1996, 14 years ago:

http://passionford.com/forum/restorations-...nning-gear.html

I just remember thinking it was pretty awesome, not sure if it was done before H20 COS though.

A good friend and colleague of mine did some work on this car back in the 90s. I think he replaced the engine after some problem, fitted a different turbo and various tuning mods. He was working at the local ford main dealers at the time and was drafted in for his cosworth expertises.

monkee87

Does anyone know of a guy in Cornwall who also has a cosworth powered Dimma? He used to live opposite my parents and I never got to see his car before they moved!

My dad went and spoke to him as he had a GTi on his drive. He ended up showing him the car which was tucked away in his garage. Cost about £20,000 or something to convert it or something stupid!!! Did the conversion back in the early 90's I think he said, so that was alot of money back then! He said it only comes out during the summer time. He wants to also convert the GTi sitting on his drive at some point.

What's the specs on a machine like this? Like 0-60? Guessing they're pretty insane!! B)

JamieTonks

awsome. would love to track my old 205 t16 down and have that back. Dont even know if its still on the road