• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
locosaki

Megajolt

locosaki

I've come across a complete megajolt set up forsale.

My MI is currently on a H&H dizzy and carbs, The car drives perfect at the minute, I'm curious to know if there would be any advantages on swapping over to the megajolt ?

Any one got any experiences of this type of kit.

unariciflocos

I ran Megajolt on my carbed Mi and I was very pleased with it.

A distributor is mechanical and since it uses springs and weights it is a linear system. Depending on the state of tune of your engine that linearity will make some "compromises" in some areas of the rev range or at full or part load. If you get a MAP sensing Megajolt and have it properly tuned I think you will be able to find some more horses at least in some places of the rev range.

You will be able to adjust the ignition map if you decide to modify the engine, which is impossible on a dizzy and it also holds its value. You will sell it on for close to the money you spent on it. I bought a kit from autosportslabs for 105 USD delivered, had a trigger wheel made at uni and got an EDIS, coil and an old wiring loom from the scrappy for close to nothing. My kit ended up costing somewhere in the region of 200 USD, money which I got back when I sold it on.

I found the hard rev-limiter useful, aside from protecting the engine you can use it to scare people and it is something good to have if you don't have a horn. You can also set the cranking angle and that improves starting on an engine with high compression. I also used the 4 digital outputs to make a more elaborate shift light.

Edited by unariciflocos
  • Like 1

boldy205

I also have a Megajolt setup. I have had it on a Mi on carbs in the past and was also pleased with the setup. I pretty much would repeat what was said above. Plus if you do all the wiring neatly, you can make up your own brand new loom for a small cost, it will be very reliable!