• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
blessed6383

Help Needed Before I Scrap The Bloody Thing (205 Mi16)

blessed6383

ok have replaced ignition amp am getting good spark (blue) and fuel but still nothing the afm was of a good know working car so what else could it be? any help guys would be good before i have to try another loom and ecu but cant really afford to spend anoher £100 on something it might not be :D

may also ad that the 3 pin black plug coming from the citroen loom is not connected to anything as the flywheel sensor is connect to the ignition amp plug then back out to the coil.the only thing i can think of is that te rev counter is not connector

Edited by blessed6383

Tom Fenton
may also ad that the 3 pin black plug coming from the citroen loom is not connected to anything as the flywheel sensor is connect to the ignition amp plug then back out to the coil.

This does not sound correct. From what I can remember the crank sensor should be wired back to the ECU.

Anthony
may also ad that the 3 pin black plug coming from the citroen loom is not connected to anything as the flywheel sensor is connect to the ignition amp plug then back out to the coil.the only thing i can think of is that te rev counter is not connector

I'd say that's your problem...

Anthony

Oh, and for another thing - please stop posting endless threads all related to the same problem. It would be far more helpful if you'd have kept all this into a single thread regarding the loom and starting issue, rather than posting numerous different threads with no reference/detail to important/related information that was in the previous thread(s)

GLPoomobile

I can't get my head around what you mean with that last line :huh:

The flywheel sensor (or CAS - Crank Angle Sensor) should just go back to the ECU. If not connected the ECU doesn't see the engine turning and won't do anything. I'm surprised you even have fuel and spark considering this :)

Anthony
I can't get my head around what you mean with that last line :)

This is precisely what I meant by keeping everything in one thread so that it makes sense.

He bought a BX 16v loom with the ignition part of the loom missing (the section with the coil and ignition amp plugs), and so grafted on part of a 8v loom. I'm assuming that the other three pin plug in question is the connector near the ignition amp that the dizzy timing signal cable connects to on an 8v.

Miles

Thats it by the sounds of it, The amp does not have a plug on the 16v as it would goto the Dizzy on the 8v, The CAS needs to goto that plug or the ECU will not know the engine is turning over, As said I'm surprized it's sparking at all

pug_ham

As above it sounds like you have messed up on the wiring by mixing looms & the main reason you have a spark is because its being fed from the 8v side which isn't connected into the BX 16v loom so they aren't working together.

Oh, and for another thing - please stop posting endless threads all related to the same problem. It would be far more helpful if you'd have kept all this into a single thread regarding the loom and starting issue, rather than posting numerous different threads with no reference/detail to important/related information that was in the previous thread(s)

This has been requested before by me when I merged several of them together but seems to fall on deaf ears. ;)

Graham.

blessed6383

(now changed to peugeot mi16 loom)

my mi16 will not spark and everything is connected as it should and its running a peugeot mi16 loom getting power to the coil but when cranking over will not spark so have ordered new coil but wondered if can test the old one as won't get new one till next week?

also ther was a little round think just a bit smaller than an AA battery connected to a wire coming off the coil wiring any ideas what this is? have bolted it to the body to earth it is this correct?

welshpug

got the crank sensor connected yet?

the bit on the coil is just to reduce interference/electrical "noise"

Edited by welshpug

blessed6383

yer have the crank sensor connect ignition amp etc coil is getting power yet even when plugging spark plug in coil coil ht lead still nothing was sparkig fine with other loom in but now nothing have it all wired in to car as it should be just wondering now if the coil is knackered :lol:

welshpug

got power and a signal to the injectors? power at the ecu?

Anthony

If it was sparking fine before and now isn't, I'd be looking at what's changed - unlikely (but not impossible) that the coil has spontaneously failed at the same time that you've swapped the loom, so the fault to me seems likely to be related to the loom in some way.

You haven't done the usual mistake and got the crank sensor plugged into the TPS connector and vice-versa have you? Seen plenty of people do that and scratch their heads for hours wondering why they don't have a spark.

blessed6383

have power to the ecu i assuming as getting fuel have connected wire 2 (red on gti loom (in car) to thick blue on mi16 loom number 2, have earth to ecu (green/yellow wire) and have fuel pump connected (76 on both looms) also have blue (112) connected to rev counterand alternator (7) connected and have a black 2 pin plug connected to shunt box. this is all that needs to be connected isn't it?

blessed6383

im prettey sure i haven't as the crank sensor runs the thick black wire with the 3 wires inside

welshpug

got 12v+ at the injectors?

blessed6383

yer thats what i dont get everything seems to have power the relays in the glovebox clink on every turn of the key is this right? have checked 2 relays in loom aswell as the one on the n/s back aswell

welshpug

tried another crank sensor?

100% you have an Mi16 flywheel?

blessed6383

haven't tryed another crank sensor yet but might have to try it to rule it out.

yes def an mi16 flywheel as am uing the engine that was fitted in my old car running the bx loom a few years ago

gaz832

do what ive done and send it to a garage that does engine swaps like this . less hastle.

blessed6383

any ideas what this is for? as have feeling its for starter motor as at present i have seperate wire run to starter from under dash plug?

there is a thick blue wire and thin green

Photo0154.jpg

also have three thin red wires in engine bay and when connecting blue starter wire in car to the mi16 loom a thin red with a ring connector becomes live?????

assuming this is the starter wire even tho is thin and red could this be correct? anyone had three reds on there peugeot loom?

thin blue wire with blue connector makes thin red wire with ring connector beep when connect meter

and thin blue wire with red connector makes beep when conneted to thick blue (in plug) from 1st picture and a black spade connector with 2 wires going in that is placed near oil pressure/meter. hope this makes sence if reading

Photo0153.jpg

Edited by blessed6383

Miles

I really would get a DVM and a wiring Diag them you can trace everything you want, It's getting difficult to follow whats been done now, whats with keeping the brown multi plug as its not needed with the 16v loom

blessed6383

the brown multiplug is coming off was onlt temp sensors connected to it still :) have a multimeter and am getting 12v when battery connected also have the wiring diagrams but am not great at reading them can follow the wires by wire number but not great on all the symbols etc on the wiring diagrams

Miles

There's not much to follow really, Live, Switched Live, Fuel Pump Supply to get the engine running, all the other items can follow on if needed,

You should have a referance to what part is what as well depending on where the Diag came from, I'm afraid as good as it is to post you might end up even more confused

I really would start from scratch on the loom and go from there, then at least you will know what is right and wrong

Simes
I really would start from scratch on the loom and go from there, then at least you will know what is right and wrong

+1.