• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Toddy

Discuss Your Speeding Tickets & Motoring Run-ins With The Law

foreigner

My mate was stopped for whatever reason I can't remember neither can he. But in the meantime they told him ho got worn out tyres, to which he said they the same as theirs and tried to take picture of their tyres, later he received summons to court and stuff, £600 penalty and 6 months of being stopped by police as they registered his car to database and "disn't know how to remover it" served him right as he is bit ...

The similar situation with me, unisured car but I was still insured, pulled me over, asked me to turn steering to the left, measured tyres, told me that they are worn out to which I genuinely replied that I have put them on last month as a set with rear ones which tehy were fine, told me to change them as soon as I get to my destination (2 am) and let me go.

Again similar situation, uninsured car from my mate - me still insured with my policy, again at 1am or so, chaecked the details and claimed the car was sorn, it was taxed two weeks before that so still not in system, had a chat and let me go as I hadn't done anything wrong,

Had rented Merc after accident, again 2 am in essex, camera flash, letters of intended prosecution blah blah, asked them for photographic evidence, and we exchange letters for a while, in which time I was away and they managed to book me in the court and prove quilty of NOT PROVIDING evidence and fined £600.

My mate: Flashed on the road which he knows of 2 cameras but being tired 5.30 am going home from work, 49 mph, received letter and happily obliged and send them their non uk license to which they replied that he has to change to uk and send it back to them to get the points and fine - 4 years later and hasn't received anything.

CaptainK

Apart from the usual foreign coppers doing the usual thing of pulling over a group of the same cars on various Eurotrips, the only Police encounter I remember having was when I was about 18 and pulling out of my local nightclub carpark at about 1-ish in the morning. I was on my own and drove out of the carpark and down the road a bit and around the corner. Then when the streetlights ended I realised I hadn't put the lights on ! At that exact moment the blues come on behind me. They ask me the usual questions - "We've seen you driving out of a nightclub without lights on, have you been drinking?". I answered no, and mentioned I'd been on Coke all night. I then had to rephrase it for them to say I was drinking "Coke" as in the brand of Coca-Cola :) . They don't believe me much, so out I get and have to walk in a straight line and do a breathalyser. Then let go as it was all true - I'd just been on soft drinks all night.

Reason why I hadn't put my lights on immediately was because I'd been in a dark club and then come out into the streets and it appears to be super bright, so it'd didn't click with me until the end of the street lights as it was very bright and I could see very clearly.

kyepan

I had a long conversation with my kickboxing coach (and long time freind) on the way back from birmingham yesterday..

He told me several very interesting stories about his run in's with the law when driving. Bearing in mind he is a black man, about 6 foot 2 and because he was good at what he did, and liked quick cars, he had m3's xr2s xr3 cabs, a 928, drove a 911 for a bit, etc etc.. you can imagine he got stopped quite a bit.

i won't go into the stories... but this chap knows his rights.

He said being pulled when you have done nothing wrong, you don't even have to give your name.. Unless they are going to charge you with a crime, he gave two or three good examples of not opening his boot, and standing his ground, asking to see video. not once did he either get a producer an or any other bother. He is a stand up man who works for his money.

Also they followed him home, he parked on his driveway, and then stopped them going onto his property when they requested a breath test.. apparently they have to stop you on the public highway, and have no right to go on your property unless an offense has been committed.

very eye opening attitude towards the police.

BERTMAN

I've been pulled over so many times ive lost count, and only been pulled over twice for doing anything wrong... including 3 times in one week, in a standard Ford Mondeo! Although saying that ive not been pulled in about 2 years, maybe i looked young?

First time @18: i was a little optimistic about my entry speed onto a wet roundabout (about 1am) and got a little sideways in a Rover 200, caught it in time to take my exit... however a traffic cop saw me from the exit i was taking and pulled me over, luckily he was the only decent copper ive ever met and let me off.

Second time @19: I was driving home from a college to get some food in my 205GT, as i was starving and got pulled up by a cop hiding behind a bus stop with a radar trap. 41mph in a 30 (a 30 by the way that a few weeks earlier was actually a 40!!). Anyway, i got told to go to a training course thing, but overslept the morning it was on, and ended up with 3 points :lol:

Ive also been pulled for using my phone, even though i didnt have one on me at the time!... this resulted in me almost getting arrested for the argument it caused.

and plenty of other times where ive been pulled over, breathilised... generally annoyed for no reason what so ever

Edited by BERTMAN

Rich_p

I was dating a girl recently who used to be a copper, she told me a few interesting things.

One being that they have a certain number of cars they had to check a night so they would pull people over regardless of if they were doing anything wrong or not.

If they didn't they would get a rollocking for not hitting their numbers...

mfield

Two standout times for myself was first keeping up with a friend in his golf mk1 side by side coming out of third gear along elisabeth way bridge in cambridge and as we came over the brow there was a police car waiting to pull out of the petrol station, we slowed right down and crossed our fingers. The police car pulled out behind us and shot past us pulling infront of my friend, me being cheeky thought maybe I could slink off until the nice police man jumped out into the road and politely said " Get the f*** in !!! ", so I obliged :lol: One stern talking to later and we were on our way with no points or producer, wasn't he was a nice bloke.

The second time I was in a three car convoy that had put it's foot down on the peterborough parkway, whilst flat out I got a phone call so I slowed down to answer it and as I looked behind me I could see something glinting in the mirror, at that moment the second car in our convoy shot past and the glinting behind me turned into a big flashing blue light. Turns out the third car back had called to say a police car had joined on a slip road inbetween us and It had turned it's lights off as it was sat behind me, alledgedly timing me over a distance ? I know this because they pulled my mate who shot past and told him, none of us got even a stern talking to that time, might have something to do with three cars and they pulled the non white driver :lol:

GLPoomobile
It had turned it's lights off as it was sat behind me, alledgedly timing me over a distance

I wouldn't be surprised if they used some dirty trick like that to catch a speeding motorist. But the 60 million dollar question is, could you turn it around on them in court? Surely if they drove behind you with no lights on, they are also guilty of breaking the law? But I guess it would come down to your word against theirs, which if you watched the "Don't talk to the Police" video that Ian posted, amounts to nothing.

The other interesting point is that the copper in the above quoted video mentioned that he could follow any motorist on the road, and given enough time, they'd do something illegal eventually. That in itself is not interesting, it's just obvious, but what IS interesting is that you'll often hear stories that imply that the police have used some sort of dirty trick to accelerate the time it takes for somebody to break the law. Such as (as mentioned earlier) tailgating - a squeeky clean and sensible driver should not react to this, but how many of us would do the same and simply boot the throttle instead? :lol:

Edited by GLPoomobile

kyepan

Good observation is the best defense in my opinion.. All round, you may also spot plod, but you will more than likely be spotting other hazards too.

ps, anthony, you'll have to tell me the 306 story some time :lol:

Anthony
ps, anthony, you'll have to tell me the 306 story some time :lol:

I put it on here a few years back, but I suspect that it's disappeared by now.

Driving back one night from where my then girlfriend was living in Kent, I was going through a built up area when a car caught up with me and was agressively tailgating but wouldn't overtake. Couldn't tell what car it was, but the 80's looking squarish headlights so didn't think anything more of it, and continued doing bumbling along at the speed limit.

As you come out of the built up area, the road goes to a national speed limit, and there's a few miles of wonderfully twisty well surfaced tarmac that was deserted at that time of night, so I decided to see if I could lose the tailgater through the twisty section. The humble 306 DTurbo I was driving certainly wasn't fast, but could cover ground quickly if you just kept your foot down to maintain momentum and coupled it with some youthful exuberence. Slowly but surely, they dropped back and eventually disappeared from view.

Smug satisfaction made way for a sinking feeling in the pit of my stomach a few moments later when the road straightened out and the car came racing up behind me - only where there had just been headlights before, there was now headlights with flashing blue lights next to them. I pulled over at the first opportunity, got out and greeted the two policemen as they got out of their unmarked Octavia vRS, trying to hide the fact that I was bricking it over what was about to follow.

Had the usual questions - "is this your car Sir" "where have you come from" "where are you going" so on and so forth while they glanced over the car to check that it was legit. At the end of it, they said that I could go on my way with a polite word to slow down a little. A wave of relief washed over me.

Just as I was about to turn and walk back to the car, the policeman that was driving commented about how those Peugeot 306 GTi's are really quick and that he couldn't keep up with me back there. I pondered whether to say anything given that I'd just got away with what could have been a fair haul of points, but I couldn't resist it.

"306 GTi? It's just a diesel" and pointed at the badge and no doubt failing to keep a straight face.

The passenger laughed and the driver returned to the car without saying a word.

I went on my way sharpish before he changed his mind for belittling him in front of his colleague :o

(how they couldn't keep up in an Octavia vRS though I have no idea to this day given I'm assuming they were traffic rather than local panda car bobbies :lol:)

lemmingzappa

Heh, nice story. I actually quite like those vRS's

hcmini1989

Can i just say for those spirited drivers out there ,Read the thread on here about the integra driver that got locked up and it says at the start about how the police went through the integra forums or owners club on the net and found evidence or bosting as it may seem about the way he drove etc .And then used it against him in court.

So be carefull what you say :o

Even though if you have tickets or points itll be on record anyway :lol:

Baz

It's all just stories, and could well be innaccurate, exaggerated or untrue. Innocent until proven guilty etc...

CaptainK

I remembered another run in I had with the law whilst driving :

My FTO had been in the garage all day being serviced / MOt'd / whatever it was having done. Picked it up after work and drove out of the garage onto the main road and immediately got pulled over by the Police just outside. They said "You've got a headlight out and you're driving with your foglights on". I got out and sure enough the passenger side headlight wasn't working (turned out to be a duff HID ballast later). I explained to the officers it literally must have just happened as my car had just literally come out of the garage where it'd been all day and they would have told me about any duff lights. They didn't seem convinced, but it was the truth as I check my lights often too.

After a while they glossed over it and decided to try and get me for driving with my foglights on. I was initially a bit confused about this as the coppers were in front of me and I couldn't work out how they'd see the cars rear to see the foglights were on. Anyways, I went to the rear of the car and as I thought the foglights were off (in my FTO there is a HUGE red beacon on the dash that makes the sun seem dim if you turn the foglights on :lol:). I turned to the officers and said, nope the foglight is off. They then said "no not your rear foglights, your front foglights". I was very confused at this time as my FTO doesn't have working front foglights (normally disabled during the SVA on import to the UK). So I go around the front of my car and they are pointing at my lower bumper light pods. I laughed to myself and then explained to the officers that they are the standard setup for the SIDELIGHTS in a Phase 1 FTO, and proceeded to show them it by turning the lights on and off.

They looked a bit sheepish and then let me on my way with a bit of patronising again about getting the headlight bulb fixed - "No officer, I'm not going to replace it because I really want to die at nighttime when I can't see where the fork I'm going!".

Edited by CaptainK

GLPoomobile

I've been pretty lucky in terms of how few times I've had any dealings with the police in 12/13 years of driving, although one of the incidents below was a bit of a stitch up :)

2001 - Aged 23 - 205 GTI 1.6

Pulled over doing 91mph on the M5 south, just before Exeter, at about 6am with hardly any traffic. Bit of a pisser as I'd driven all the way from Edinburgh without incident, and was about 30 minutes from home by then. IIRC the copper was perfectly pleasant and reasonable. Took an SP50, 3 points and fixed penalty fine.

2003 - Aged 24 - Civic 1.4 GL

I was in the wrong on this one, but still feel something was very wrong and I was stitched up here....

It was in Edinburgh city centre (West End) and I had pulled away from some lights aggresively and span the wheels slightly, all because I was already in a bad mood and then some twatting pissed up Rugby fans had annoyed me even more. Apparently this was what brought me to the attention of the coppers who pulled me a few minutes later (guess they were on a side street or something as nobody was behind me at the lights).

I came on to Queen St, which is 2 lanes for most of the 1 mile length, but becomes 3 lanes at certain points for traffic turning right. As I came on to Queen St there was no other traffic except a dark saloon (like a Vectra or Senator IIRC) in front of me, who was driving at 25mph in the right hand lane, blocking my way. I was in a hurry, and he was pissing me off. As we approached the first 3 lane section he started to move over to the 3rd lane, so I thought he would be out of my way. Instead, he straddled the lanes, still at 25mph, blocking my path. I lost my temper, booted it and undertook him. At this point I guess it would be a little ambigous as to whether I was guilty of unertaking as you could argue that he was turning right, but I was definately guilty of breaking the speed limit.

Anyway, towards the end of Queen St I had slowed back down to 30mph, but realised I'd missed the turning I wanted, so I stopped at some lights near the end, and waitied to turn right in to another street, with the intention of doubling back on myself. I waited patiently and then turned in to the side street, which is very wide and dead at night time as it's the back of a shopping centre and multi-storey car park. I turned around and then waited at those lights again before making my way back up Queen St at 30 mph. As I turn left in to the street I originally wanted I see the flashing blue light behind me.

In to the cop car and the 2 coppers were being total arse holes. Me, being polite and cooperative, and at a loss as to why I had been pulled over. Them, acting like I was a hardened crim, and treating my like a c*nt. They first of all asked me why I was "trying to get away from them" :D Yeah, I was desperately trying to get away at 30mph, and stopping at 2 sets of traffic lights :lol: . They then asked me if I knew who was in the dark saloon that I'd undertook, which I didn't. And that comment has always made me wonder if it was an unmarked cop car and that they had deliberately straddled the lanes at 25mph to see if I'd resort to undertaking them which I did.

The final straw was them saying "sorry to keep you waiting, we're just trying to work out what we are going to book you with" :o It ended up going down as a TS50 and fixed penalty fine for "an illegal U-turn". In my naivety I took it on the chin, but in hind sight I wish I'd taken it to court as they had no video evidence or measuring equipment to prove the real crime (speeding), and I most certainly did not commit an illegal U-Turn (I checked the road signs inthe street where I turned).

2005 - aged 25 - 205 GTI 1.9

A mate and I had just spent all day fitting solid beam mounts to the car, and we were both knackered. I had to drive him home to Battersea. So we were driving south towards the Thames at about midnight, and I admit that I wasn't paying any attention at all. I was tired, and we were chatting, which is a major distraction for me and I don't usually like to converse whilst driving. I have no idea how fast I was going but it would have been a bit over, so 35-40mph probably.

So anyway, it turns out that the police were doing stop checks and I totally managed to not notice them :D I stopped at some red lights about 30 yards past the stop check, and all of sudden I see a group of them running towards me, and they descend on the car like I'm a terrorist. So we get pulled out and questioned. I get asked why I failed to stop, and sheepishly I have to admit that I hadn't noticed them. You can imagine that doesn't go down too well - failing to notice a group of coppers in high vis jackets with motorbikes flashing blue lights at either side of the road :D I then get asked if I know how fast I was going and I have to admit I don't know.

At this point I'm s*itting it. Not just because of the failure to stop and the speed I was doing, but also becuase the car looks a state from outside, and inside the dash is partially disassembled and I'm convinced they are going to think it's stolen, and to make matters worse my mate looks dodgy as f*** and has a really bad attitude to the cops. So he's speaking to a copper a couple of metres away and giving it gob, whilst I'm getting the 3rd degree from another 2. One of the guys questioning me was a complete prick and a jumped little hitler, but the other one did actually comment on the GTI and the fact that they don't see many around these days. I told them what we'd been doing and why the dash was apart, and just said I was tired after all the work. They eventualy let us go with a warning to watch my driving. I think I got off lucky on that one!

2010 - aged 30 - Saab 9-3

A more positive experience. After crashing just outside Berwick Upon Tweed the other week I called 999 as I thought I had to report it. The regular plod turned up first and he was nice as pie, but he was just responding to routine whilst waiting for the traffic officer. A few minutes later the traffic cop turned up and he was totally cool as well. He had a fag whilst he hung around for me to get through to the AA and find about recovery. He must have been there for about 20 minutes and didn't need to be there. He then said he'd be in the area all night and would check back later to make sure I was OK. He did get in a sarcastic jibe about how I managed to crash, but I took it in jest, as it was intended.

Andy_C

Only 2 for me - how boring :lol:

First was about 6/7 years ago going through a little village called World's End near Newbury - driven this road dozens of times and I still swear that the 30mph sign had been moved 1/2 mile up the road - plus it was legitimately hidden by a bush but regardless the policeman was hiding behind a garden wall and clocked me with a camera; 45 in a 30, bang to rights. No lecture, no silliness, just 3 points & a fine.

Second was when I bumped my old 205 about 3 years ago - got breathalysed by a traffic copper as a matter of course but my Daughter piped up when told what Daddy was doing "he did drink lots of beer last night" - my arse nearly dropped out of my trousers, despite the absolute certainty that I was stone cold sober.

Currently have 3 points for 37 in a 30 in Bovingdon in Hertfordshire - my own fault but still narked that the van was parked where you'd never have clocked it - moral is stick below 30. Simple case of brain not in gear having just left a 3 hour meeting which was very intense.

Overall I've had 9 points in 10 years and covered something like 400,000 miles so point per mile rate is probably not too bad at all.

cazzy93

Not read them all but going by what every1 has said is that i am an idiot!

Passed my test on March 15 2010

Pulled next day in my 205 xe/s for agressive driving, but was getiing so much abuse form a drunk was annoyed so when he snapped of my ariel that was it and reverse out from my parking space and booted it not noticing the police standing at other side of the street, local police so gave me a talking to and sent on my way.

Apil 3 At half 2-3am caught at 53 in a 30, by an unmarked saab, pulled out to have a work i thought it was a m8 so but the foot to the floor, outrun them for couple of miles then done for an average of 99.21.

May got pulled over again by unmarked ploice for wheel spinning and attemted racing, got an asbo and another day in court.

August had to be home by midnight as thats when i offically lost my licience for the first speeding offence and put my car into a wall 2 corners form my house at 110 at 11.48pm then police man just finnished his shift stopped and phoned the police and warned me not to drive off, considering my engine was on the road the car was on the other side of the rivver in 100 b its i didbt think i would be driving of, then police arrived and gave me another asbo and impounded my car, baught the car back for £180 only baught the car for £10 but had to prov a point to the police,

First speeding a 99.21 6 point revoked licience and £1200 fine

wheels spinning 3 points and £180 fine

crash i am in court for on the nineth but have been asured that i will get away with it.

so i am now on 9points and not been threw my test for 8 months, do my theory on monday again and test asap after that.

CaptainK
so i am now on 9points and not been threw my test for 8 months, do my theory on monday again and test asap after that.

I was just going to ask : "Don't they cancel your licence and make you resit the tests if you get more than 6 points in the first year or two after passing?"

NeilGTi85

I got caught 2 years ago in my old 205 S16, racing an m3, spotted the police 500 yards away slowed down the bmw in front locked up. I got clocked a 108mph on the A23.

Managed to get away with only a 28 day ban, yes I was very lucky.

I was going to plead not guilty after taking to a speeding solicitor, paid the solicitor £500 to do all the paperwork and for trying not to get it to court, but it did go to court.

Had to pay the solicitor another £500 for the court apperance, got to court ready to plead not guilty as they had not produced the test certificate for the spped gun and other things and they told me they double booked the court room (yeah right, more like more time for the police to get evidence of checks etc)

So I payed out £1000 allready for a solicitor, getting tired of them moving dates etc.... just thought i'd cut my loses plead guilty.

After that I got another bill from the solicitor claiming travel expenses of £800!!!! I never repleied and have heard nothing since :D

Rich_p

Pulled next day in my 205 xe/s for agressive driving, but was getiing so much abuse form a drunk was annoyed so when he snapped of my ariel that was it and reverse out from my parking space and booted it not noticing the police standing at other side of the street, local police so gave me a talking to and sent on my way.

Apil 3 At half 2-3am caught at 53 in a 30, by an unmarked saab, pulled out to have a work i thought it was a m8 so but the foot to the floor, outrun them for couple of miles then done for an average of 99.21.

May got pulled over again by unmarked ploice for wheel spinning and attemted racing, got an asbo and another day in court.

August had to be home by midnight as thats when i offically lost my licience for the first speeding offence and put my car into a wall 2 corners form my house at 110 at 11.48pm then police man just finnished his shift stopped and phoned the police and warned me not to drive off, considering my engine was on the road the car was on the other side of the rivver in 100 b its i didbt think i would be driving of, then police arrived and gave me another asbo and impounded my car, baught the car back for £180 only baught the car for £10 but had to prov a point to the police,

crash i am in court for on the nineth but have been asured that i will get away with it.

Personally I don't think you should be allowed a licence, I think you'll end up killing someone.

lemmingzappa
Personally I don't think you should be allowed a licence, I think you'll end up killing someone.

Agreed.

Leet205

Yep, you are a knob.

Been driving for 5 years, I have one SP30, got it on the 31/10/09 police hiding in a bush a the side of the road *just* before a national speed limit. 3 points and £60 fine.

Edited by Leet205

large

I am surprised by the lack of tex speak and Burberry.

yippeekayay

my stories....

I used to commute about 30 miles to work and had to be at work for 7.30 each morning and woke one morning at 9am... I was on my last warning for lateness as I liked the pop a bit too much. I jumped in my car and headed the great road when clear route to work at warp speed in a night rally Nova gte, standard apart from sticky yokos and a cage.I hit alcester roundabout just near studley worcestershirte/warwickshire, chasing another vauxhall, tailgated him at speed of 80 95mph, but couldnt drag him back in a straight line, out broke him into the roundabout, lined it up perfectly, for the wixford roundabout planted and left him 50metres behind.

He got up to speed agian and passed me in the 500 metres to the next roundabout and indicated left to head up the stratford bypass round alcester. Again I out braked him slotted left some 50 60 metres in front of him, flooring it up to about 90 when he again went past me, glanced over and saw he was 4 up. carried on with him up to about 110.... slowing for the old alcester junction, famous for old dears pulling out without looking, and floored it again, the vauxhall had slowed but booted it away back up to about 95 to the bottom of the red lion hilll, where it goes dual , he slowed a little and let me pass again with a smile on his face he waved me by, obviously enjoying his 9.20am tour about with his 3 mates, all big lads.

I Got to the top of the hill and the little blue lights under the grill of his v6 omega went on and he gestured to me to pull over... I felt lik eI had murdered the queeen, all the blood drained form my face, got the adrenalin shakes and practically shat myself.... as I pulled over in a layby just by the welford turning speed camera...he unzipped his black top, revealing his whiteer than white top and black tie... put on his hat and approached the car. I sat there paralysed.. here goes my job with my license, no rallying without license, the mrs is going to shoot me etc...he knocked on the door and asked me to take the keys out and join him on the side of the road.

I obliged, legs knocking and physically shaking.. "how fast were you going?", "when?" I asked, stuttering "when since i followed you for about 4 or 5 miles....?" "well how fast did you get up to as your highest speed....?" "I think about 80..." he laughed at my answer... "try again" he said, "82" i replied... "look" he says "we arent messing around how fast were you going?" I thought about if for a minute and said "85???" He laughed and said "we had to hit 135 to catch you on the bypass.. "I replied I wasnt going that fast honest..." He then said "look its like this... I have 3 trainee traffic cops in there all wetting themselves laughing at a dickhead who hasnt just over taken them once in excess of 100mph but about 4 times, i even waved at you to slow you down as we dont have time for this, but seeing as you need to be taught a lesson , if you let us do a standard road side interview and mock arrest I will let you away with a verbal warning..."i got to work an hour later...... and never ever raced an omega ever ever ever again..

I thought about everyhting in slow mo and a load of my mates said why didnt you say "well you were speeding and driving the same as me" and I still beleive i could have been cheekier but I reckon I would have gotten done for it.. so lucky escape.....

2002 205 gti 1.9 road rally car d reg ex skip brown

I had borrowed my mates 205 gti to do a road rally in gloucestershire with Cheltenham motorclub.. my mate had said watch it but I think the coil is going so I ordered another coil and my navigator in cheletenham collected it. I was driving down the m5 by worcester and the car started to run really badly, i had ben sat in the outside lane at about 85 mph and the engine was coughing and spluttering so I dipped the clutch and revved it out a little whilst free wheeling at 85, the misfire cleared and i carried on, but literally as I revved it I saw a jam sandwich Omega parked on the hard shoulder busting somebody, the passenger copper was just getting out of the car when i passed with the engine revving out on a crap straight through exhaust revving at about 6500 7000 revs... the driver of the cop car jumped on the throttle and buzzed along the hard shoulder leaving his partner on the hard shoulder and chased after me , i had obviously adjusted my speed knowing he had picked me up and was hurtling up behind me... i was about 1/2 a mile form the services when he came alongside looked over and indicated for me to follow him into the services.... I did so pulling up behind him in the service car park... he got out walked round the car and told me to get out.... I tried to explain that the coil was playing up and he got his ticket book out and started ranting about me being a effing prat, and a complete prick for revving my car up showing off.. i tried to tell him that just wasnt true he walked round the car agian still cursing me saying that he had to head back to his partner but he was going to condemn the car as I was knowingly driving a car not fit for the road... I lifted the bonnet to check the coil nothing wrong started it in front of him and it ran completely perfectly he looked at me and said he was going to issue me a ticket for reckless driving and would I accpet that charge... I said no way. not a chance and he said well it will be see you iin court then and started to right the ticket out...just then the car coughed and burped ( not quite) I said see... and he said well I will still do you for driving a vehicle on the public highway not fit to do so.... he then got a call on his mic shouted more abuse at me and told me to wait as he jumped in his car and he fecked off... I sat there for 10 mins, 20 mins 30 mins and he never came back...I left.... never heard anything more and nor did my mate... replaced the coil and was never bad again....oh and the afm....

lfallgti

I'd take your f'in licence away and give you a push bike. Although it still doesn't stop you being a prick. You clearly don't learn. knob.

miamichris

Agreed.

Thirded, it sounds like you drive like an arsehole to be honest and god help you the day you kill some innocent person on the road <_<