• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
JoshGti

Motronic 3.1 From A 8v Bx Gti

JoshGti

So i got a bx gti motronic setup from a member off here, the problem i have after missing uni and spending every hour since it arrived this morning trying to find loom diagrams or someone else that has used this loom im at my wits end.

The plugs all look the same bar some that are a different colour, like 2. The loom is long enough to sit in the 205's original position but im having issues wondering how i go about splicing this into the brown multiplugs and what to do with the plugs i havent managed to identify!

All the loom wires are 1 of 4 colours and theyre not numbered, some of them have a coloured lick of paint on the end but thats it.

My first ask is going to be if anyone has a pinout diagram for the motronic 3.1 ecu and also if anyone has used this loom that can point me in the right direction. I dont fancy changing to the 405 loom cause i think that will be just as difficult as trying to find another complete 3.1 setup.

So help please :o

edit: I have found a pinout diagram, but obviously the loom is under tape, so whilst im tearing it to pieces over the next few days, any help or comments on the link will be apprecated, as there are wires going to pins that say "not connected" that i have wires going to.....Motronic pinout pdf

Edited by JoshGti

welshpug

Every MP3.1 ecu has the same pinout, just some have additional wires for ICV's and Lambda control, so a diagram for a 1360cc 106 xsi for example will get you some way to getting your head around the wiring.

bar the ecu pinout list itself, anything you'd need to know about a ZX loom is here;

http://www.emyrderfel.co.uk/loom.html

one of our French members recently posted this diagram;

http://img191.imageshack.us/img191/5687/dsc05787d.jpg

oh and a random one, MP3.1 with 3 wire ICV and Lambda on an Alfa 1.6 Boxer engine :o

there's some interesting blurb about its functions below the diagrams too.

http://www.alfa145.com/upload/Alfa145Manua...nic%20MP3.1.PDF

JoshGti

Cheers for the links welshpug, have read through the wiring guide you've linked to and its all just a blur to me atm, probably because ive been staring at this screen too long, ive just pulled the inside section of the ECU plug out and all the wires are numbered in their correcponding pinout holes, so that should help to an extent.

Miles

Don;t splice anything into the multiplugs, Just ignore and replace them with new wire and you'll have improved relibility.

I'd just remove all the sensor wire's from the loom, Figure out which is Power and fuel pump etc and thats pretty much it

JoshGti
Don;t splice anything into the multiplugs, Just ignore and replace them with new wire and you'll have improved relibility.

I'd just remove all the sensor wire's from the loom, Figure out which is Power and fuel pump etc and thats pretty much it

Yeah, was going to pick through the old loom to sort out which ones were for the sensors, but was probably going to do as you suggest and replace with new wire (the sensor half of the loom) and just use the sensor half for a template for lengths etc, and just spend a bit of money at car wiring solutions.

Im gradually gonna get there, just all the sensors for my loom seem to be going straight back to the ECU and a lot of the guides are stating matching wires into the brown multiplugs? Throws me a bit.

jackherer

IIRC the sensors for the dash gauges are separate on the BX GTi so the loom you have is only engine management. You'll need to use the dash and starter related wires from your old 205 loom or preferably as Miles says run new wire for the gauges etc.

The only connections you need to make on the BX loom should be permanent 12v, switched 12v and ground in then fuel pump and tacho out.

JoshGti

Okay, makes sense now then, sorry it took twoo of you guys to say it before the penny dropped!

So thats easy enough, ill just rip out the old ecu stuff and keep the above mentioned starter, fuel, gauge loom.

Job done!