• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
edbar

[trackday_prep] Rallye Rep Trackday 205

edbar

Thanks Cam, Roger is extremely talented. It helped that Id replaced everything else prior lol.

edbar

Okay, after watching the engine moving about when on the rolling road I decided to finally rectify the problem, afetr a few replies in the wanted section Wes205mi came up trumps with an unused bbm top engine mount and also had a lower strut brace which I also purchased. I've got a lot to do this week so though I would crack on tonight with fitting it and also removing the lower fork as I have a nylon bush to be pressed into it tomorrow.

SAM_1284.jpg

Old vs new, old one you can move about and bend with your hand and the bbm item you cant budge!

SAM_1285.jpg

When on the rollers Aldons also noticed I wasnt getting full throttle as one of the bolts on the linkage was fouling the air screw.

Shown here.

SAM_1287.jpg

A bit of hacksaw loving and I now have full chat no problem!

SAM_1288.jpg

I had a chat with Andy at AB Motorsport today and purchased a PTS gearbox mount to make sure the engine is going nowhere! I also had a chat with him about the torquesteer problems I have and the way everything feels disconected, He said does it pull right under acceleration and left under de-acceleration? Yes was my answer so he asked what front arm bushes I had and as I have standard albeit relatively new qh items in the qh arms he said only ever fit genuine peugeot kits, after another call this time to Arbury peugeot I ordered two lower arm bush kits which are due tomorrow. I really hope when I bolt it all back together it all feels tought and responsive as it should!

matt91

just read this right through then, absolutely love it done an awesome job and it looks spot on... makes me miss my xs big time!

edbar

Thanks for the comments/ support recently guys!

I havent got many pics of all the work Ive been up to over the last week unfortunately. I have re-bushed the lower arms with genuine bushes, fitted the lower strut brace, new ball joint pinch bolts, Pts gearbox mount. I also had my nearside drive shaft making a bit of noise after the dyno session and the boot has been split for a while so decided to chop it in on warranty and get a new one fitted, after fitting all that up I couldnt get the track rod ends to stop spinning when putting the nut back on and the steering arms were absolutely shagged, literally no resistance in the joint and they were flopping about terribly! So I got new steering arms and ball joints also. I have been working on the car every night for a couple of hours getting all the jobs done for five nights and spent about three hours on it today. I drove it around my block and im pleased to say even with the tracking done by eye the improvement is huge! No weaving about like it did before and everything finally feels connected, to say Im pleased with my progress this year is an understatement! I finally feel like the car is going forward and have confidence that when the tracking is done and cage fitted im ready to go to the tracks!

Pts gearbox mount supplied by AB motorsport.

SAM_1289.jpg

Underneath after fitting the strut brace, arms. Didnt get any pics of yesterday or todays bits and pieces.

SAM_1290.jpg

edbar

Change in circumstances now means that the car is up for sale.

alexcrosse
:( sad to hear mate, aprils been a pretty bad month!

edbar

It is a real shame as its been five years in the making and so much cash and it has finally come to fruition but I just got to be the drummer for a signed band so all my time now has to be drums. I want to get a xsara vts so I can still do trackdays etc but keep the interior and sensible spec so I can travel, the 205 is made to be flat out.

calvinhorse

I was over the moon when I saw you had updated this.. Gutted it was to say your selling up :( always enjoy reading what you've done and seeing what I'm up against next time we're at Malory :D

Hope the drumming goes well for you!! You'll be back!