• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
choco

Problems Omex 500

choco

I bought a set of Weber TB's, loom, DIS and an Omex 500. Everything is connected according to the manual, but if i try to start the car i get some loud bangs, and flames shooting from my throttlebodies.

The only thing not standard is that i had to hardwire the fuelpump, so it's always running now. This because the aux from the Omex isn't grounding. The omex is set on "fuelpump" but it gives about 10v instead of earth.

But can't find any other strange things when i connect it to my laptop. (this could also be because i only understand 20% of it)

I've pulled out the plugs, which smelled of fuel, cleaned them and checked for a spark.

Turned the engine over a couple of times without injector leads, to get rid of the excess fuel.

Put the plugs back in, but same story.

The coil is wired according to the numbers on them, with cilinder no1 on the gearbox side.

I assume the injectors batch fire?

I left the little vacuumpipe on top of my weber fuel pressure regulator unconnected, i read somewhere this is not needed for normally aspirated engines?

I've been fiddling with this for 3 full days and most of the nights now. Hope there's somebody among you geniuses that knows the answer.

Cheers,

Johnny

Edited by choco

Anthony

Try swapping HT leads 1+4 and 2+3 over on the coilpack - they're paired on a wasted-spark coil, but if you get the pairings round the wrong way, you tend to get problems like you're experiencing.

Also, I assume that you calibrated the throttle pot as per the instructions?

choco
Try swapping HT leads 1+4 and 2+3 over on the coilpack - they're paired on a wasted-spark coil, but if you get the pairings round the wrong way, you tend to get problems like you're experiencing.

Also, I assume that you calibrated the throttle pot as per the instructions?

Yes, i did. Will check first thing tomorrow when it's light. (And don't disturb my neigbours in their sleep with a backfiring exhaust)

sideways danny

injectors are semi-sequential rather than batch fire. Check you have the injector plugs on the right way and check your ignition leads are to the correct cylinders

If it's an omex loom, the injectors are likely labelled wrong. Try using conventional (not french) cylinder order, ie 4 at the flywheel end

:)

Edited by sideways danny

choco

I LOVE YOU GUYS!! (said in a very manly way offcourse)

daneldridge23

What did you end up doing to sort this? i have the exact same problem