• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Artemide

Can't Get Rebuilt 205 Running Correctly

Lewis205mi

UPDATE:

After so damn long time I finally decided to break the car totally down to find the problem. Turned out that was totally unnecessary because the problem lied in a mixed up sensor connection. Temp sensor was not connected.

However, I built up the car again and tried to get it runnin'. Got the engine running by bump starting but poorly. Then I bought new leads and after that, I can't get the car running at all(with bumpstarting), not even a single cough. But what's weird, is that if I try to start up with the starter and spin it 10, 20 seconds or so, explosions exit my exhaust, but pretty rarely. Checked the sparks- great. Fuel pressure is great, took the injectors off and tried every single one out, all shot gas nicely(not sprayed however, if there is a difference). It seems that the gas doesn't reach the cylinders, because the sparkplugs are totally dry but not sure.

What the hell is going on? :S

Sounds like you have put the leads on the wrong way, you said it ran (poorly) then you changed the leads and now it doesn't run at all, but some times back fires when turning over.

As said before it could be to do with timing whether its ignition or cam, you said you have spark and fuel. Check that first as its a basic fundamental and doesn't cost anything, also do a compression test so you can rule that out.

Artemide

UPDATE:

Got the car runnin', accidentally started reading leads from the wrong end. Installed new sparkplugs and rearranged the leads. The car runs, but the mixture is offset. When in gear and rolling, sequel bangs come from exhaust. And also in idle the revs waver.

Artemide

The ECU temp. sensor was faulty. Now the car runs fine, except just not as it should. Everything else is fine, but the acceleration is like 10 sec 0-60. :(

Sign in to follow this