• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest wonderboy_229

205 1.6 Gti

Guest wonderboy_229

hi all i have a 91 205 gti, bought it as a non runner a while back and still havent worked out why it wont fire, spins over and has spark n fuel but just wont go!

Now on the multi plug to the coil (on top of the inlet) i have a single wire that comes back out of the multi plug, i've been told that its ment to connect to something but i cant find anything it can connect to?

Can anyone tell me what it connects to and where the wire comes from?

Many thanks

cheesegrater
hi all i have a 91 205 gti, bought it as a non runner a while back and still havent worked out why it wont fire, spins over and has spark n fuel but just wont go!

Now on the multi plug to the coil (on top of the inlet) i have a single wire that comes back out of the multi plug, i've been told that its ment to connect to something but i cant find anything it can connect to?

Can anyone tell me what it connects to and where the wire comes from?

Many thanks

Doesn't connect to anything on mine and it runs, must be a test point.

Edited by cheesegrater

Guest wonderboy_229

Oh right ok thanks alot :lol: stopped my constant confusion to what could go to that now!

Is there anything i should be checking to why it wont start? ive retimed it numourous times, got brand new dizzy, new plugs, leads have all been tested, but seeing as it gets fuel and spark i dont really understand why it wont start

steve@cornwall
Oh right ok thanks alot :lol: stopped my constant confusion to what could go to that now!

Is there anything i should be checking to why it wont start? ive retimed it numourous times, got brand new dizzy, new plugs, leads have all been tested, but seeing as it gets fuel and spark i dont really understand why it wont start

Do you have fuel to the cylinders, or just to the fuel rail? i.e are the injectors opening? Are you 100% certain the HT leads are in the correct order? Is the blue ecu temperature sender connected (under dizzy) .

Guest wonderboy_229

Yeah fuel is gettin into the cylinders, and HT leads are defo in the correct order, i shall check the ecu temperature sender is connected in the morning :lol: and il get back to you then thanks alot

steve@cornwall
Yeah fuel is gettin into the cylinders, and HT leads are defo in the correct order, i shall check the ecu temperature sender is connected in the morning :lol: and il get back to you then thanks alot

It's also worth checking that all of the connectors are sound - sometimes the wires can push out of the back when they're fitted. Particularly the air flow meter and the temp sender. If these are all OK may well be worth trying a replacement ignition amplifier.

smithy

have you checked the timing belt is correctly timed up and checked the compression on all 4 cylinders?

i know you say got spark but if belt has jumped then it may not be sparking on the correct cylinder.

Guest wonderboy_229
It's also worth checking that all of the connectors are sound - sometimes the wires can push out of the back when they're fitted. Particularly the air flow meter and the temp sender. If these are all OK may well be worth trying a replacement ignition amplifier.

I'm currently fitting a new loom to it at the moment so i will make sure all the plugs are all connected properly, i think the blue ecu tempertature sender may have the wrong plug plugged on to it on the old loom, as i have just found out it had a engine change and whilst havin a quick check found that theres cut wires hanging around in that area so quite glad i have the new loom!

I found that on the front of the SAD unit the black sensor on the that has nothing connected to it, il fit the rest of the new loom tomorrow and see where that leaves me

Guest wonderboy_229

have you checked the timing belt is correctly timed up and checked the compression on all 4 cylinders?

i know you say got spark but if belt has jumped then it may not be sparking on the correct cylinder.

[/qu

I have replaced the timing belt, using all the professional locking tools as i have them to hand.

And the compression was all about the same across the 4 within its limits

Guest wonderboy_229

Finished fitting the new Wiring loom today turned her over nd she jumped into life! Very happy now its running just got to get the rest of it done mot'd n taxed nd on the road!!