• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
stu8v

Whats The Requirements To Hit 180-190bhp (mi16)

All Praise The GTI

how easy is it to do on a 6 while engine is fitted welshpug?

petert
150lbft

How many kW or hp at the wheels?

All Praise The GTI

not sure what it is atw

these are the specs you sent me peter :(

Specs.

Std. GTi6 inlet

duration 205 deg. @ 0.050" lift

Lift 0.394"

Stage I GTi6 inlet

duration 215 deg. @ 0.050" lift

Lift 0.380"

I'd be installing the cam in the standard position first, using the dowel pins to lock the pulleys & crank. If you want a bit more low end try advancing 2 degrees.

Edited by All Praise The GTI

James_m

That's the thing with N/A tuning, its a bit hit and miss. It would seem no 2 engines are ever the same!

Miles

Not at all, I know my mear std 8v 1.9 in the CTi made about 132 bhp on a RR day and even the operator was surprized compared with the other cars, Mind I had fully advance on the Dizzy and it pinked low down, But hey it was a nice figure to get

wracing

all praise the gti, you know why your not making the power, the mapping was an utter bollocks job. I hope you have managed to get it back to emerald from when I last saw it. It sounded like the bodies are out of balance I may be wrong. personally I would leave the cam timing standard and get the fuelling and ignition sorted.

James

All Praise The GTI

hi james, well after dave turned the throttle screw the wrong way and put them more out of balance and then mapped it the first time :(

i fugured out what he had done and sorted them althou he didnt bother checking they were balanced when i went back on friday :huh:

he adjusted the idle settings so it wasnt running stupidly rich but thats all he did. wouldnt even check the map just said it looked fine or try tweaking it for me or do another power run.

not too happy considering how much cash he had off me for a couple hours work...

i think abit more power could be found by sorting the cam timing but no idea how to get that done or who i could trust to do it??

Sign in to follow this