• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
davidc

Alternative Rear Calipers ?

davidc

We're having a bit of trouble sourcing a pair of good 1.9 GTi rear calipers for our 205 project but I've heard that 106 GTI rear calipers are the same, is this correct ?

What about 206 ones ?

Arethese or any others suitable or the same as 205 1.9 GTi calipers ?

Or any where I can exchange calipers at a reasonable price ?

Any help greatly appreciated !

Cheers,

David

christopher
We're having a bit of trouble sourcing a pair of good 1.9 GTi rear calipers for our 205 project but I've heard that 106 GTI rear calipers are the same, is this correct ?

What about 206 ones ?

Arethese or any others suitable or the same as 205 1.9 GTi calipers ?

Or any where I can exchange calipers at a reasonable price ?

Any help greatly appreciated !

Cheers,

David

I took mine off a peugeot 306 rear beam.

peter

I have a very decent pair if you want them, But yes all 106/306 will fit

davidc
I have a very decent pair if you want them, But yes all 106/306 will fit

Ok,how much are you looking for them & are the threads good where the flexi screws in ?

Would you post to AB42 5GS (Aberdeenshire, Scotland)

How do you want payment ? Do you take PayPal ?

Cheers,

David

Baz

You obviously didn't look that hard as i'm sure there'd be some in the For sale section!

Edited by Baz

peter

Yeah there good to go, PM'd

davidc
You obviously didn't look that hard as i'm sure there'd be some in the For sale section!

Baz,

Read the friggin post.....I've trawled through most of the for sale section & found nothing or if there was anything then it was already sold.....hence the reason I asked for alternatives !!

Thanks to Peter, it looks like I'm sorted with the calipers !

Anyway.....any chance you can reply to my PM.....the bolts that were bought & paid for that never arrived ?????

Cheers,

David

DrSarty

And I do have that pair for you, but I haven't been near them to check or send.

Let me know please if you get fully sorted.

Anthony

If you're using calipers from a 306/Xsara, be careful to either get them as a matched pair, or check that they are the same as the ones you already have - some 306/Xsara models (GTi-6, VTS etc) use larger 32mm piston'd calipers compared to the 30mm ones used on 205/309's. They'll fit and work, but you'll potentially end up with mis-matched braking effort between sides if you mix and match.

Paul_13
If you're using calipers from a 306/Xsara, be careful to either get them as a matched pair, or check that they are the same as the ones you already have - some 306/Xsara models (GTi-6, VTS etc) use larger 32mm piston'd calipers compared to the 30mm ones used on 205/309's. They'll fit and work, but you'll potentially end up with mis-matched braking effort between sides if you mix and match.

Think you just solved a problem for me Ant. :P

Don't Xsara beams have discs with a different offset? I remember saying you something about it a while back.

Anthony
Don't Xsara beams have discs with a different offset? I remember saying you something about it a while back.

The rear hubs are different and thus they use a slightly different offset disk - the calipers themselves are the same offset/fitment however.

Alan_M
The rear hubs are different and thus they use a slightly different offset disk - the calipers themselves are the same offset/fitment however.

I had similar problems initially with my ZX arms too.

Back on topic, can you not repair/rebuild your calipers? The spares are available at BrakesInternational. Fairly straight forward to do, yet if the threads are shagged then obviously new/2nd hand items are best. Even then I'd be inclined to give them a going over. I believe 206 units are similar too.

Paul_13

Renault 5 GTT rear calipers are the same

RossD

206 Calipers are also the same (30mm piston). I'm using on the rear of mine at the moment.

davidc
I had similar problems initially with my ZX arms too.

Back on topic, can you not repair/rebuild your calipers? The spares are available at BrakesInternational. Fairly straight forward to do, yet if the threads are shagged then obviously new/2nd hand items are best. Even then I'd be inclined to give them a going over. I believe 206 units are similar too.

Thanks for all the great replies...very helpful.

The threads in the alloy body where the flexi screws in are no use, they would need to be drilled out & re tapped to a larger size by the looks of it.

Cheers,

David

John Henry

Sorry to resurrect a thread, 9 years has got to be a record right?! 

Assuming they are the same caliper I just wanted to check that there wont be any difference in function from the brake compensators?