• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
smokey

Mi16 Spark Plug Seals Also Known As Pipe Gasket

smokey

Hiya Guys

I've spoken to a few people on here and in some other posts. But thought I would start a new thread with the problem in the title so that everyone can see it.

I've tried all the Peugeot dealers I can find numbers for and no luck. I've even tried all the motor factors i know of and some have said they are in head set etc.

Funny thing is I bought a Payen head set from QEP and I never had them in mine. Did get a lead with Euro Car Parts and they said Elring do a head set with them in. Phoned Elring and they said that they dont. So it looks like unless someone knows a substitute or has some spare. Then i might have to get some made.

The dimensions on service box state them as 30x40-8

Is this them?

post-11815-1284731868_thumb.jpg

Thanks guys

Hope you can help

allanallen

Not sure that they're the right ones but a decent o ring might possibly do it. The proper ones are availae through pug via forign pug dealers.

I just siliconed my original seals back in the last time I had the cam cover off, it's worked fine so far.

DrSarty

Dimensions may be right, but they are more like Polo mints than inner tubes, i.e. the side walls are square not rounded.

I have 4 (that I'm guarding with my life) that we can measure and use as a pattern. I'd be tempted to find a wholesaler of tubular or bar like rubber/plastic (thermal resistant), and bore and cut to suit.

Alan_M

Not sure if its any help but Meillor head gasket sets have them in.

smokey

Thanks for the comments guys.

When i looked at Service box yesterday i thought they looked like they had square sides like polo mints!!

Rich would you be able to take a picture of one and measure it for me please? I think i found somewhere that can make them, just need dimensions etc.

Alan I've tried to find Meillor head gasket sets but no joy, was thinking if i could find the actual company direct they might be able to buy some direct?!

Thanks again guys

DrSarty
Thanks for the comments guys.

When i looked at Service box yesterday i thought they looked like they had square sides like polo mints!!

Rich would you be able to take a picture of one and measure it for me please? I think i found somewhere that can make them, just need dimensions etc.

Alan I've tried to find Meillor head gasket sets but no joy, was thinking if i could find the actual company direct they might be able to buy some direct?!

Thanks again guys

Mine measured (and they've no doubt compressed a tad) 7mm height x 39.5 OD x 27 ID.

I'd say your looked up dims are close enough. Pics later.

Jrod

Mine came with a genuine headset so can't help you getting them but....

8.5mm tall

39mm OD

27mm ID

seals003.jpg

smokey

Wicked thanks guys

I'm going to spek to some gasket companies to see if i can get some made up.

Rich - would it be possible to get a picture of one of them?

Thanks

Tom Fenton

I've a contact at a gasket and seal manufacturer, I can enquire into getting a run done if there is enough interest, will probably require a minimum run of a hundred at least I'd have thought. The manufacturer supplies some large companies such as FRAM filters with rubber seals for oil filters etc so I am sure they can probably do something.

Baz

I've had this on the backburner for a while, found and asked a few local relevant companies but with no joy thus far, came up with the possibly simpler idea of finding some rubber hose with the correct dimensions and having it cut professionally to ensure a decent straight cut etc, but again, no joy yet...

Miles

As said, I would get iin contact with Payen as every set I have had from them including around 4 weeks ago had them in

Tom Fenton

I've spoken to my contact, normally these seals would be cut tube washers, he could do this but it would be min. order of 5000!!

However he has said they could do a smaller quantity by water jet cutting them from a sheet, this could well be a go-er. He will look at a price tomorrow and get back to me.

So really to see if its worth doing, who is interested in a set??

smokey

If thats true Miles i'll give Payen a call, they might be able to sell me some?!

Tom thats great news. I will definatly want some because i have the feeling Payen will say no!!

Thanks again for all the help and suggestions guys :D

Baz
So really to see if its worth doing, who is interested in a set??

I'd have a few sets... :D

M@tt

someone fancy giving Sheffield City Seals and Bearings a call (0114 243 5343)? they've got all sorts on the shelves

worth a try before having stuff made

smokey

Hey Guys

Quick update

I phoned Sheffield City Seals and Bearings and they had some seals with the dimensions:

8mm height x 40mm OD x 30mm ID.

These are the size that is specified in service box so hopefully they will be ok.

They are also square edged just like in the picture Jrod posted.

£2.33 each

I've ordered them and will let you know what they are like when the arrive.

Edited by smokey

Tom Fenton

Should have waited another few hours....

My man has come back, I can get a set of 4 seals to you incl UK post for £7.25

HOWEVER... due to minimum order quantity, and me having to lay out for these to be made, I need payment up front for 20 sets of 4 seals before I will commit my money to having these made.....

SO, if interested enough to lay out your cash, please find the thread I will now start in the group buys section, and post your interest.

smokey

Ah that's a shame.

However if it turns out these are no good then I will defo be up for ordering some.

I should get them in a few days so will let you know.

Thanks again for all the help guys

Edited by smokey

smokey

Hiya guys

The seals have arrived. They do look slightly different to the ones in the picture earlier in the thread.

These have a ridge on them. Not too sure if this will be a problem as the dimensions are correct and when its face down there is a seal.

What do you guys think?

Thanks

post-11815-1285418739_thumb.jpg

welshpug

are they solid? as that's what the original ones are IIRC.

smokey

Well not fully but they look the be re-enforced ones as i can see a spring and metal in there.

But like i say when pushed against something they seem to grip a seal well. Whether this will be enough, i dont know?

I've taken some better pictures for you to see.

IMG_0328.jpg

IMG_0327.jpg

welshpug

wrong type of seal, that's for a rotating shaft.

blessed6383

i'd be interested in 2 or 3 sets tom.

smokey

So no joy then? Didn't get to see them as I ordered them over the phone.

Looking at them i thought they might be ok but like you say are for a rotating shaft.

That will mean I'll be up for a set Tom.

How many more sets will we need till we can get an order in?

Thanks again

Sign in to follow this