• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
weejimmy

Anyone Use Stock Bits From Other Cars As Upgrade

weejimmy

Just reading about a 306 with a 2.1 td in it, the guy has used berlingo bottom arms as the bushes last longer,

ford drop links as they last longer, bored out the hub and used better ball joints on the botom arms that are adjustable too,and other cool wee mods.

anyone on here done the same kind of thing for there 205?

DrSarty

Evo II is full of them at the front end:

> Xsara VTS PAS rack (simply because it's awesome)

> 306 wishbones (subframe needs modification)

> 406 hubs and brakes

> C5 'steelies' (the business, light 15" wheel :blink: )

> modified (shortened) 306 driveshafts

> 106 fuel filter (personally I find this an upgrade - easier to fit and replace as it's smaller, maybe cheaper and has simpler fittings)

At the back end (although not on my car):

> ZX trailing arms IIRC (might need correction that, but it's mentioned by Sandy in the Evo II thread)

And others I've heard of:

> Ford RS2000 engine mount (it's shorter and used in 16v conversions)

> Coil packs from all sorts for upgrades from dizzies

Edited by DrSarty

Cameron

Electric PAS pumps from 106 / Saxo and a header tank from a Rover 200 are the only things I can think to add.

McDude

There was a big thread on this a while ago, but I can't find it. If I recall there were loads of 'upgrades' available by pilaging other vehicles.

Ones I remember:

Intermitant rear wiper was fitted to later 205s all it requires is a relay change (I keep meaning to do this one)

You can adopt the learnt intermitant feature on the front wipers that Fiestas use to have by using that relay

You can create a 5 door style seat rail by removing the tilt on your driver's seat giving you a couple of extra inches of head room (I've done this one) you need a 309 seatbelt clasp to clear the handbrake assembly to do this

There were loads of others

Arahan

405 spray bars :P

davev

errr has everyone forgot about the engines, and brakes??? :lol:

my mate always says peugeot built a perfect pug but just spread the parts around the models. :lol:

weejimmy

i think that may be bang on the money ^

Sign in to follow this