• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Atari Boy

What Ncap Rating Is A 106?

Atari Boy

Does anyone know what the NCAP rating is for a series 2 106?

Thanks

Jonny

DaveW

Do you like your feet? :lol:

AdamP

One whole star.

And thats for ones with a drivers airbag!

Edited by AdamP

Atari Boy

So that is why there is no info on the NCAP website.

Thanks chaps, I will not be pursuing a 106 for my daughter then.

happygoron

If NCAP is your bag get looking at clios I think.

allye

If NCAP is your bag stay away from Peugeot 205's at all times!

happygoron
If NCAP is your bag stay away from Peugeot 205's at all times!

They're fine. There's two excellent crumple zones: the engine block and your legs.

Atari Boy

My 17 year old daughter is taking her test soon and whilst I am happy to drive about in a 205 I would prefer her to have a bit more protection. I am looking for 4+ NCAP stars, Clio, 206 or Lupo look the best bet so far.

Cameron

Clio 1.5 DCI would be your best bet - safe, cheap tax, cheap insurance, nice car!

Rippthrough

I've got just the thing for you:

p1040114.jpg

+

BubbleWrap3.JPG

Or get her some car control lessons and perception training so she doesn't crash in the first place :lol:

Batfink

If you want them nice and safe then a small car is probably not the best as theres less space to crumple.

Cameron

Getting a new driver a large car is a mistake though, it'll be covered in dents and scrapes within weeks.

Alan_M

Something a bit more solid than french.....Fiesta or what about a Polo?

richsmells

I saw a 106 on its roof on the A338 a couple of weeks ago. Not nice. ;)

I quite like driving the one I have at the moment, but certainly wouldn't like to have an accident in it. Would love to try a 1.3 rallye though.

AdamP

I had an AX GT when I was 17. That was death on wheels!

To get 4+ adult protection NCAP in a small car you're gonna be looking at stuff that was designed post 2000.

cRaig

As other people have mentioned, size matters in NCAP, as the star rating is relative to it hitting a similar sized car (i think) so a 3 star saloon will be better than a 3 star hatchback. As long as its oldish and cheap then scrapes and scratches arent too much to worry about really.

AJA_GTi

+ 1 for a clio mate.

My second car was a 1.2 mk 2 and I propper smashed it up to f*ck and walked away without even a bruise ;)

Batfink
Getting a new driver a large car is a mistake though, it'll be covered in dents and scrapes within weeks.

Theres large and theres typically normal sized. I'd rather someone be in a focus than a 106. As long as you pick a car with good rear visibility theres no reason the car would get dented excessively. As a new driver I only drove into hard objects at speed...

swordfish210
I had an AX GT when I was 17. That was death on wheels!

I had an AX as my first car. A woman driving a Ford Galaxy crashed in to the side of it at about 5mph and managed to bed the A B and C pillar all in one go :rolleyes: I found it pretty comical how unsafe that car was

Atari Boy

I also had an AX GT when I was 19, thank god I never stacked it.

I like the idea of larger (focus) sized cars but they come with larger engines too so cause the insurance to go up quite dramatically.

jackherer

My first car was a 1.1 AX, I ended up rolling it and I was fine, just rolled it back over and drove it home!

GLPoomobile
My 17 year old daughter is taking her test soon

All these years on the forum and I never realised you were old enough to have a teenage daughter! :P

Liquid_106
saxofront.jpg

Frontal Impact

The steering wheel moved more than allowed in the crash and the driver's head reached a point where it was starting to move off the airbag which in some circumstance can become dangerous. The airbag also bottomed-out so allowing the driver's head to contact the steering wheel. The body shell was defeated by the severity of the test and the occupant's survival space was compromised. Despite load limiters being fitted to the front seat belts the chest loads were high. The front seat belts are also fitted with pretensioners which are designed to limit forward movement in the event of a crash. The door opened during the test and which was caused by the linkage being operated when the door's inner skin separated from the outer. There were aggressively hard structures under the facia that would cause injuries to the knees and upper legs. Only a simple two point static belt was fitted in the centre rear seat, which can cause severe spinal and abdominal injuries.

citroen_saxo_2000_d.gifcitroen_saxo_2000_p.gifcitroen_saxo_2000_sp.giftabla.jpgtabla.jpg

Side Impact

There is no specific structure in the Saxo doors to combat side impact. The chest and arm were hit by the incoming door, whilst the abdomen was contacted by the protruding armrest. The pelvis was loaded by a foam block. The loading on the chest gave rise to the risk of severe injury with only a slightly less risk of injury to the abdomen and pelvis.

Child Restraint

The child restraints were both forward facing and provided very good protection in the frontal test except that for the 1½-half-year old's neck loads were high, which is a common failing for forward facing seats. In the side impact the seats were also good performers except that the 3-year-old's seat did not keep the child's head contained within the seat wings.

Pedestrian Protection

As with most of the cars we have tested in this class the pedestrian protection score come almost entirely from the adult and child impact assessments. However two of the leg impact sites were also graded as giving weak protection.

Model history and safety equipment

The Saxo was introduced in February 1996 and was re-styled in Sept 1999. The 2000 model year car features a drivers airbag, front safety belt pretensioners and load limiters and ISOFIX anchorages (passenger and rear outboard seats). Optional equipment: passenger airbag & side airbags(head & thorax).

Makes me want to sell mine :P

Edited by Liquid_106

Atari Boy
All these years on the forum and I never realised you were old enough to have a teenage daughter! :P

She is my stepdaughter Steve, but yes I an old git of thirty seven and a quarter years old.