• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
pugmarshall

1.6 Cambelt Help

pugmarshall

Hello, the cambelt is now well overdue a change on the CTi.

Can anyone give me some instructions on how to perform it correctly? I.e. How to remove it, time it up and replace it properly. I need help ASAP really so if you can help, please do!

Anthony

The Haynes Manual is actually pretty good for a cambelt change, although you don't need to remove the engine mount as it claims you do. It's a very easy job, timing holes for both the cam and crank, and the spring-loaded tensioner means that you can't mess that up either :)

mickie

i changed mine the other day in about 10 min.

you could have searched for the answer on this one. its probably been covered a million times

there is also an online haynes if you look and obviously you should really buy your self the book

pugmarshall

Wow, thanks for the fast and great replies guys :)

I think I'm going to buy a Haynes Manual and do it myself as it's about £130 at the local garage (and they have a bad reputation), plus it's good experience as I'm training to be a mechanic.

Thanks again.

205*31*
i changed mine the other day in about 10 min.

you could have searched for the answer on this one. its probably been covered a million times

there is also an online haynes if you look and obviously you should really buy your self the book

did a cambelt in 10min never done one but that must be a record or close to one :)

welshpug

on a ramp withair tools to hand and not changing the water pump, I'd imagine 10 minutes could be possible.

I'd rather take ten minutes with the engine out sat on a stand though :lol:

definitely change the water pump, and if you have time to strip it all down beforehand then I'd inspect the tensioner pulley and buy a kit if needed, though it seems the 205's tensioners last a lot longer than the tensioners on more modern engines.

pugmarshall

It's got a cambelt and tensioner ready to go on but it needs an AUX belt too...

welshpug

so you havent done it in ten minutes then :lol:

Sign in to follow this