• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
ORB

Cam Identification

Baz

Funnily enough, neither of the Kent cams i've had have the 'CAT' on them, but i have seen it before somewhere so i checked the couple i have, and it appears on the Piper BP270, but not the Kent PT22. :)

Edited by Baz

ORB

Quite weird indeed Baz, wonder what it means?

Well, if I don't need the vernier, I won't run it!

Gonna go get a standard pulley now.

Anthony

"Running" and "running optimally" aren't the same thing remember, and chances are the cam timing won't be quite right on a standard pulley - certainly I know on my engine with the PT36 cam it needed a vernier to time it in properly.

ORB

Well, I suppose once I have got it to run with the normal pulley I can swap over to the vernier as hopefully everything will be in the right place?

I think?

petert

Did you get this sorted? Disregard the CAT. I have the same blanks.

ORB

Hi Peter, I have built it back up, just need to put new oil in and try to start it.

I have put on a Standard cam pulley and hope that it will run ok on this, as I am not too sure on the correct method of fitting a Vernier.

I have also binned the 'uprated' fuel pressure regulator and installed a standard item. Hopefully should not run as rich now.

I think I may bin this cam if it does not run and just go with a standard one as I am confused with setting up a vernier.

ORB

tony perks

One of the cams i have here is a Cat Blank with a Kent DA448 profile put onto it i have aslo had a PT27 on a cat blank before

To time the cam some where near ste the engine to tdc, then get both valves open the same amount this will give you eual lift on overlap timing , be carefull not to turn the engine if any resistance is felt this will be the valves touching the pistons dont force it just go back a bit then redo, with the vernieer fitted you can then tweek the timing for best performance dont expect too much from this cam though they usually give a few more bhp at the top end but lose more at the bottom best cam fro injection is the std 1900 cam In my Opinion that is.

Sign in to follow this