• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
willmounsey

Xsara Gearbox, Clutch Question

willmounsey

I'm looking at buying an xsara vts box and from what I've been reading if I change the fork arm and clutch arm I can retain my be3 push setup for the clutch.

Can I still use my 1.9 8v clutch kit in use with the vts box if I change the above?

I ask as I've just bought a new clutch kit but now have problems with my 1.6 be3 box and want to replace it with something a little more suited for motorway/long driving use.

Any info on this is appreciated

Cheers

Will

welshpug

yes you can use your be3 push arm in the xsara box and the 8v clutch fine

willmounsey

Perfect, thanks a mill for the quick reply WP :D

welshpug

np, just happened to be here at the time, you may find it a bit tooo long actually, though it's been a while since I compared both gearboxes, havent got the data to hand right now!

IIRC there's an excel document on sean mckeown's website of the various pug gearboxes

willmounsey

I wouldn't mind it being longer tbh, I've got baker engine mounts and a magnex exhaust which when I'm sat at 3200 rpm at 60mph or 4000ish at 70mph for 20-30miles a day its a bit noisy and its not very good for fuel consumption :D

I like the 1.6 ratios on back roads but most of the back roads here you wouldn't do 40mph in fear of doing damage to your car there that bad.

I'll have a wee look at mckeown's website to give me a better idea on the difference.

Cheers again

Will

Sign in to follow this