• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
AndyR

Vaccum Sliding Sunroof

AndyR

My sliding sunroof is stuck shut. There is a pipe going to a black box under the scuttle pannel under the winscreen, the box has a small outlet which snapped off and now I cant attach the pipe back on. I suspect this is why its jammed. I can pull the handle for the sunroof down, but it doesnt depressureise.

Does air pressure go into this black box or out of it?

Guest Joe_M

Have you tried runing your finger around the seal from the inside and seperating from the glass - my old xs used to be ok if I did that.

Rob_the_Sparky

The rubber seal is pulled down by the vacuum generated by the engine, without this connected you won't open the sunroof as the seal holds it closed.

Rob

AndyR

So does the black box under the scuttle pannel store a vaccum so the roof can be opened without engine?

If I connect this pipe to the inlet somewhere can I get the roof open?

Simes

The sunroof also has a fail safe cable mechanism that locks it in full open and closed position. You can get to this by removing the map light and other gubbins.

Mine did't open for a while and this was the problem.

Edited by Simes

Rob_the_Sparky

Have a look and see if the seal is being pulled down or not when handle is opened then you will know if it is vacuum or the fail-safe.

There certainly is a vacuum tank somewhere but I've never seen it so can't be very specific...

nick
So does the black box under the scuttle pannel store a vaccum so the roof can be opened without engine?

If I connect this pipe to the inlet somewhere can I get the roof open?

Yes

Nick

Guest rodneyp

best thing i found, get a credit card or sumthing similar, wedge it between the glass and rubber, slide it all the way round, and itll open fine ;o) i have to do it every time i open my sun roof! impossible to open otherwise! ed

Sign in to follow this