• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
pp205

1.9 Mi Liner Dfw & D6c Comparison

pp205

Hi,

I have a bit of a problem with my Mi engine in that one of my liners has cracked which also ruined the piston and bent a rod. Now this should be an easy problem to solve by just getting a replacement liner and piston/rod. My issue is that my engine is the not so common DFW lump which was fitted to the 405's that had a cat. My understanding is that these liners in the DFW were a slightly different height than those in the D6C. Please can someone correct me if this is untrue?

When fitting the engine we had 1.4mm skimmed off of the block and liners to raise the compression ratio to that of the normal D6C engine. Now that I need a new liner I am hoping to find a DFW one and have 1.4mm skimmed off, pop it back in the engine and get it running again. The trouble is that I am having problems locating a single DFW liner.

I was wondering if I can get a normal D6C liner and have it measured to match the height of the existing liners and put that in the engine? I am hoping that someone will be able to answer this as I am certainly no expert!

Please see the pic below of my liner, I have measured it to be 95mm from the top to the lip. I was also wondering if someone who has a spare D6C liner could measure it and let me know the length.

miliner.th.jpg

Now all of the above is based on my understanding that the liners in the two types of engine are different heights, so please excuse my ignorance if this is wrong.

So basically will it be possible (if I can't locate a DFW liner) to use a D6C liner? Or do I just get 4 new liners and pistons/rods?

I have placed a wanted ad on Aussiefrogs as I have heard the DFW's are common over there (thanks Anthony) but had no luck so far. Also you cannot buy the individual liners from Peugeot anymore and I could not find the correct diagram on service box! I'm really not doing too well!

Anyway, any help or advice would be greatly appreciated,

Thanks,

Simon

Jrod

miliner.th.jpg

Link to fullsize image now works. :)

matyasg
miliner.th.jpg

Link to fullsize image now works. :)

uh, looks bad. There is no difference between DFW and D6C liners.

pp205

Thanks for the response, I have found that the difference is in the pistons which I was unaware of,

Simon

Sign in to follow this