• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
jackherer

Starter Motor Interfering With Engine Management

jackherer
Engine temp sensor??

Yes, definitely! I said this a few posts ago.

He specifically mentions not getting a reading when he measured the CTS (Coolant Temp Sensor) pins at the ECU.

Kitch

I need to check the CTS at the actual sensor connection, as there was zero reading at the ECU. So I reckon the sensor will probably be ok but the wire may be broken somewhere.

Either way, I can't see it preventing it from starting. Running like s*it, maybe. But refusing to start on Motronic 4.1? Hmmm, I think I'd need to see it.

It started cold just now after 24hrs, so I'll try it again over the weekend as it's off the road and see if it goes again> if it does, I think it may just have been low enough on voltage juice to scramble some signals once a bit of electrical noise was present, which I'm pretty sure the system is full of (oil pressure gauge reading 0.5 higher with lights on, being able to hear the alternator whine through the speakers etc.)

large

Just thought I would drag this up.

Last night I stooped at the local shop knocked the car off, when i came out about 5 min later it would not restart :) .

Now the car has a history of not starting but in the past it has been down the the starter motor turning over slowly when hot (large body type).

This time the cranking speed was good it just would not fire, as i was by a hill I pushed it down and it started ;) . When i got home still would not start gave it an hour and it was starting again.

Today started up 1st time no problems went over to the local town. After an hour went back to the car the same as last night, good cranking speed, fuel and spark but it would not fire.

Had a couple of goes with the misses trying to bump start it no joy. Swapped over (thats right I made her push the car :o ) and it bumped 1st time . When I get time i will be replacing the starter will keep this updated.

Sign in to follow this