• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Pugcrazy33

Weber Management Questionss

Pugcrazy33

has anyone used the weber management on a mi16 with carbs? if so what do they think??

Sandy

Dealer only software, not something I'd recommend. There are much preferable systems available, such as the DTA ignition only ECU Matt Holley's got up in the for sale section. Mapped ignition as a concept is great and far superior for driveablity and economy over dizzy ignition, but be sure to go with the right system.

Edited by Sandy

Pugcrazy33

ok mate its just someone is selling a full set up 48's inlet etc an alpha management for 700 quid, thats already set up for the mi16, but i dont really have a clue just know i want either carbs or bodys

sideways danny

if you havn't purchased carbs yet, go the extra mile and get throttle bodies. Fuel injection is FAR superior

Miles

As said, I;d avoid the Weber stuff, Not used much at all so mapping would be difficult if required

Pugcrazy33

ok ccheers for the info duudeeess,

i know some people put bikes carbs on how cost effective is it compared to buying jenveys?

Rob_the_Sparky
As said, I;d avoid the Weber stuff, Not used much at all so mapping would be difficult if required

If onyl I had known that before buying one second hand - duh, one useless brick sitting in the bedroom gathering dust...

mfield
If onyl I had known that before buying one second hand - duh, one useless brick sitting in the bedroom gathering dust...

Don't know if they're any good or not but this place here is a registered webcon alpha dealer, they also have a rolling road and in your area :D

http://www.lynxaelr1.co.uk/

and below is a list of all the places in the uk;

http://www.webcon.co.uk/alpha/dealers.htm

Edit : oopps , just seen it was bucks, not berks ;)

Edited by mfield

Rob_the_Sparky

Yep, I spoke to the local dealer after buying it to find that they no longer bothered as it was a royal PITA. Never got round to fitting it...