• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
lukesaddy

(car Restoration) 205 Gti 1600 J Reg

TT205

Just out of curiosity why did the previous owner give it a kicking?

(I bet it pissed him off just once too often <_< )

lukesaddy

the story i heard was that it wouldnt start one day haha :)

lukesaddy

engine bay, interior and 3 of the arches are now in primer ready for paint :(

its looking sweet, im gona get some pics next time its not raining :lol:

TheHawk

Good Luck with the project mate!!!

lukesaddy

Ive just found my thread again,

This project has been put on the back burner for a while with winter and ive been ill.

I bought a 1.9 E reg donor car for it from london a few months back (only gave £150 for it so i was expecting it to be a bag of sh!t, i sent a lad with a transporter down for it so i didnt get to see it till he got it back to mine.

I gave it a quick check over and, WOW i couldnt break it for spares, it had 4 near new yoko tyres on, alloys were in good nick, just over 85k miles on it, interior in good condition, ful stainless exhaust (bar the manifold which is cracked) and its been chipped supposedly (according to a badge on the back haha) only downside is it was a non runner and had no history but it had been garaged for 10 years.

Anyway, as these things go, the pics will do the talking, ive decided to make it into a mint summer car and make the red J plater a rough and ready track slag.

Heres a couple of pics of the 2 and ill get a thread up for the white one.

The red one ATM, interior and engine bay primed and the arches painted, cage is just rested in to get it our of my way in the garage.

05022011767.jpg?t=1302093739

23092010502.jpg?t=1302093741

05022011770.jpg?t=1302093817

05022011768.jpg?t=1302093818

thehodgmeister

Much respect, wish I had time and money etc to do something like this. Will be so rewarding when it's done

lukesaddy

Thanks pal,

Current plans for the engine are to get a 406 SRi turbo lump with some basic mods to start with then probably go for some tasty internals and maybe big breathing mods.

I have picked up a pair of bucket seats for it but need sub-frames - a nice sabelt one for me and a old cobra monaco s for the passenger, pics will follow later :)

Guest zeb

Blimey...got to admire youre enthusiasm there pal...good luck to you

that white one looks a steal for £150 notes ;):blink:

lukesaddy

well unfortunately due to lack of space and funds i hadto scrap this car, im now making my white 205 into a track car though - ill update that blog as soon as ive got some pics sorted out