• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
helmet421

Gti6 Conversion

helmet421

hi there can any body point me in the right direction of a step by step guide too putting gti6 engine in my 205 an a list of parts i need for the conversion i plan on running it on the 5 speed box an will be standard for now thanks in advance rob

helmet421

opps probably in wrong topic should bein in modification not service how can i move it? cheers

SurGie

All you need to do is research the projects thread and you will learn loads of tips and tricks.

One way of doing it is use either the 1.9 gearbox or VTS gearbox then use the 1.9 diff on the VTS gearbox. You need the 205 engine loom mated to the GTI6 loom, a few members on here does it as well as on e-Bay. You also need the manifold jigged/bent then welded so it will fit under the bulkhead, Miles does this by the way. Also use the S16 speedo VSS so the electric speedo plug from the 6 loom will plug in and the 205 cog speedo end will also work together. The BE3 gearbox selector arm needs to be in the VTS gearbox if you use that box with also the 205 gti clutch arm or use the 205 1.9 gearbox alone. You can get the water system pipes to fit from the BBM website that also sell Gp N engine mounts. The master cylinder can have problems fitting next to the 6 cam area, a few washers behind the nuts that fix the servo should help with this if needed.

I think thats about it off the top of my head.

helmet421
All you need to do is research the projects thread and you will learn loads of tips and tricks.

One way of doing it is use either the 1.9 gearbox or VTS gearbox then use the 1.9 diff on the VTS gearbox. You need the 205 engine loom mated to the GTI6 loom, a few members on here does it as well as on e-Bay. You also need the manifold jigged/bent then welded so it will fit under the bulkhead, Miles does this by the way. Also use the S16 speedo VSS so the electric speedo plug from the 6 loom will plug in and the 205 cog speedo end will also work together. The BE3 gearbox selector arm needs to be in the VTS gearbox if you use that box with also the 205 gti clutch arm or use the 205 1.9 gearbox alone. You can get the water system pipes to fit from the BBM website that also sell Gp N engine mounts. The master cylinder can have problems fitting next to the 6 cam area, a few washers behind the nuts that fix the servo should help with this if needed.

I think thats about it off the top of my head.

thats great mate thanks very very much i will stick with my standard 1.9 box for now waht do i use in the way of engine mounts an flywheel an clutch etc thanks again rob

p.s thanks too who ever moved topic

marksorrento205

Standard gti6 flywheel and an mi16 clutch if your going to use your 1.9 box.

Masekwm

Seriously, search has most of the answers.

helmet421
Seriously, search has most of the answers.

seriously i did an it came uo with 13 pages of stuff an most of it wasnt gti6 related hence i am asking on here

Masekwm
seriously i did an it came uo with 13 pages of stuff an most of it wasnt gti6 related hence i am asking on here

There is loads of topics on it. At the start of the conversion every thing you are thinking has been asked before. You perhaps need to learn how to search, there is a topic in Questions, Comments... explaining it. Once you've learnt search you'll find all the information you need and more.

helmet421
There is loads of topics on it. At the start of the conversion every thing you are thinking has been asked before. You perhaps need to learn how to search, there is a topic in Questions, Comments... explaining it. Once you've learnt search you'll find all the information you need and more.

yeh i not the best at the using computers will give it ago cheers

Alastairh
The BE3 gearbox selector arm needs to be in the VTS gearbox if you use that box

I will have to correct you there as that is missleading. You need a specific 205/309 gear selector arm off a BE1/3 box, to replace the xsara/306 selector arm which are both BE3.

As for cooling, personally, pipe it up as much like an original 205 as you can. Original 205 sensors, do away with any t pieces and change the lower coolant block to give you an extra outlet. This can be tricky with hoses around the manifold, but i managed to come up with another method.

Al ;)

Edited by Alastairh

Miles

Really a BE3 type arm, The BE1 hole has a very slightly different offset not allowing the pin thru both side's unless you it it with a BFH

helmet421
Really a BE3 type arm, The BE1 hole has a very slightly different offset not allowing the pin thru both side's unless you it it with a BFH

thats great thanks for all the advice i will be sticking with my 1.9 box for now just want too get car back on the road whilst summer still here! an miles i shall be in conact soon about a manifold an possibly a loom an few other bits an bobs cheers

welshpug

more specifically, a push type be3 arm, not a pull type.

helmet421

also can any one advice or send me a link on what alternator i use as gti6 one has steering pump etc an auto tension cheers rob

SurGie

Use the 205 gti alternator adjustable tensioner bracket.

Miles

The 6 Alt and just use an adjuster for the belt, nice and simple then plus more powerfull

Spiky

yeah 6 alt and i used a cam belt tensioned bolted to the engine mount, nice and simple :)

welshpug

I ditched it all for an S16 setup with a custom adjuster bar made from a piece of flat plate using the 205's original adjuster bolts.

Masekwm

Does a road car need an oil cooler?

welshpug

no IMO, I'd rather have the heat exchanger and have the oil+coolant get warm nice and fast, I've not had any cooling issues with my gti6 engine and a heat exchanger, though it is in a ZX with a much larger radiator than a 205 (o.e gti6 rad)

my 405 mi16 runs the same arrangement and never had issues on track either, but that again has a pretty big rad.

on a mildly modded 1.9 engine there weren't any issues, but can't speak for a gi6 in a 205.

Masekwm

Great, I've already removed the exchanger, I then found out the cost of the Mocal set up and can't stretch to it atm. I'll buy the oil filter thread and see how it is without either.

welshpug

its only a quid or so for the filter thread, so worth trying.

one thing I do know is that space its pretty tight with the heat exchanger.

Masekwm
yeah 6 alt and i used a cam belt tensioned bolted to the engine mount, nice and simple B)

Any chance of a photo, please Spiky? I've had a look in your thread but can only find ones of you using an Mi one.

Sign in to follow this