• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
wardy18

Adding A Trigger Wheel To A Ally Flywheel

wardy18

As the title outlines my question is due to the pulley mounted trigger wheel and cps being rather vulnerable and the fact that I already have a Helix ultra light flywheel which has been balanced along with my 96mm crank but not having a trigger wheel fitted as std, does anyone know if it is possible to have a trigger wheel fitted to my ally flywheel? It has the flat edge where the wheel would be.

Or is am external wheel mounted to the crank pulley my best way forward?

Just wondering if anyone has done this before??

Cheers

Simon

EdCherry

Id rather fit it to the crank pulley if the flywheel has already been balanced.

welshpug

probably the simplest approach would be the crank pulley mounted trigger wheel, I can;t imagine being vulnerable was a concern for a hillclimb car, rally car I can see.

as for getting something fitted to the flywheel, what do Helix say?

[L'e$kro]

Have a look in service box on xu10 engines fitted with an autobox, they are mounted with some kind of dummy flywheel for the starter crown and crank speed sensor and are ery lightweight

I've seen a guy using this with a Nascar triple disc race clutch on a 405 t16 in France

Nicolas

Miles

Before you balance anything you will need to sort this as even the wheel will make a differance due to the missing tooth/teeth

wardy18

Crank pulley sensor it is then, i will speak to Mass to see how far along they are with the crank and bring a Trigger Wheel into the equation, if it come to it the trigger wheel can be added on and balanced, i'd assume, with a few drill holes on opposite sides to the missing tooth.

Ill have a word with Mass as i need to speak to them about building this engine and so not sure if they would want to start adding custom parts and brackets ie CPS bracket.

Where is best to buy a Trigger Wheel and CPS with Bracket?!

and...for a DTA ECU is 36-1 or 60-2 the way to go?!

Thanks for the replies

Simon

dino20vt

Try trigger-wheels.com

Sandy

36-1 or 60-2, doesn't matter, lead angle 90-120 degrees.

petert

If it's an aluminium flywheel, why not embed some magnets and use something like the Haltech S3 hall effect sensor?

http://www2.haltech.com.au/index.php?optio...1&Itemid=36

You install one magnet facing north and another 180 degrees facing south. This gives a pulse every TDC and when the north passes, an additional trigger signal for sequential fuel options.

Miles

I might know of a complete set up for sale, Drop 'Dave Potter' a PM as it's his.

wardy18

I think the simplest route for me will be the pulley mounted trigger wheel and as people have said this isnt suited to rallies but for my tarmac only use it will hold up fine.

Thanks for the info