• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
powermandan

2.0 8v Turbo Plumbing Help

powermandan

I've started preparing for the 2.0 turbo engine conversion.

The two problems i'm having so far;

- the previous owner had started the process of installing a 1.9 GTI inlet manifold and GTI-6 Throttle body which has left me different pipes etc..

- all of the pipework came in a bag, so i have no idea where a lot of it fits.

I've been on service box and was hoping you guys could help me with some of the pipework i'm still struggling with.

What is the purpose of the valve in the picture?

Do I need it?

where does the other end of pipe 6 go?

where does the pipe end marked in orange go?

Thanks in advanced

Dan

post-13977-1278948981_thumb.jpg

Edited by powermandan

Daviewonder

It's the boost solenoid, yes you need it. Pipe six is the same as pipe five, its drawn twice as I guess you can buy it as a single pipe or both together, it connects to the boost pipe just before the boost pipe goes onto the throttle body. If I remember rightly the one marked in orange goes to the charcoal cannister which I'm sure you wont use so you can block it off. :)

powermandan

Thanks, ill have another look tommorow. i swear i had 4 pipes though....

Another note where do i pull the vacume for the brakes from?

edbar

Or Dan you could forget it and stick Atmo lol? Did you hear paul now has a Mi16 4x4 donor car for his? If you need help bud give me a call!

Or Dan you could forget it and stick Atmo lol? Did you hear paul now has a Mi16 4x4 donor car for his? If you need help bud give me a call!

powermandan

yep lol, spoke to paul the other day. will need a hand in the near future. got to overcome a few engineering problems first though....

Sign in to follow this