• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
m_attt

[trackday_prep] Matts, Matt Black Should Off Scraped, Turbo Track Car

m_attt

05/04/2010

it was bought as a run about for a wile, untill it started blowing badly,not boosting and over heating so was laid up as the m3 evo had turned up.

so this Easter i had some spare time and since its been a yearish i would get it sorted for some summer track day fun.

the plan is to get it running and sort a few bits out, then at the end of the summer cut the front end of and use it to create a RWD Rear Engine 205 as this shell is pretty f***ed.

also have bigger turbo gt28.

so far have removed the head and its off for pressure testing, skimming and valve seals.

found the hole and general f***ed exhaust gasket, so that's one problem solved, the head gasket didn't look too bad but were sign's of water restriction. have also fitted a new water pump and removed the old PAS rack so can refit a manual rack.

then today fitted a Helix Paddle Clutch

05042010226.jpg

05042010227.jpg

05042010228.jpg

05042010230.jpg

so hopefully head back this week, get that on, oil and filters, plugs etc.

MOT, tax

roll cage and fit seats

stage 1 complete

07/04/2010

parts delivery ready for final fit before it gets fired up

07042010233.jpg

07042010232.jpg

13/04/2010

PAS rack has been swapped out for a manual one,

front bumper cut out bigger for cooler and sprayed black,

new bottom suspension arm and track rod ends,

head back on and torqued, and cambelt refitted with new water pump.

13042010248.jpg

13042010250.jpg

13042010252.jpg

m_attt

29/04/2010

today got everything back together and all the odd jobs sorted.

filled with cheap oil and filter to flush it out with before decent goes in. rolled the car out down the drive to flush the rad and cooling system, did the final bits then the skys opened and soaked my engine bay before i had anything to cover it with. was that really misty rain that gets through everything

so the car wont start, after fresh fuel and easy start it will start eventually rev then cut out like they keys been turned off. but its not mis firing or running rough for the second it does, so points to electrical, so have sprayed half a can of 151 on it and left it and prey for sun tomo to dry it all out.

29042010258.jpg

29042010257.jpg

30/04/2010

so i look out the window this morning and see sun , so shoot off to tavi to get this running.

Turns out the fuel lines had got swapped over down the back of the engine hence the none starting, swapped them over and it started first time.

only o find out its not boosting (one of the reasons i took it off the road) after everything thats been done i find out its a split silicon pipe, so of to carl for a new one.

then had a slight water leak from a turbo coolant pipe, again thanks to carl its all sorted.

so now check everythings back, the MOT on Thursday woop.

30042010259.jpg

Edited by m_attt

m_attt

03/05/2010

its all back together at last, had to redo rear boost pipes as wernt fitted quite right before so strut brace wouldnt fit back on.

fitted an auto bonnet to give a bit more clearance underneith

topped up water and general check over for Mot on thursday.

insured on a unlimited mods policy so can add anything at no extra cost

so today finished fitting seat and harness and got most of the stripping done ready for the cage which should be here a week on wednesday

02052010264.jpg

02052010263.jpg

03052010268.jpg

03052010267.jpg

05/05/2010

today empty the crap out of the car swept it, and then fitted a

Plumbed in fire extinguisher,

Outside pull handle

05052010269.jpg

cabin pull handle

05052010270.jpg

05052010272.jpg

05052010275.jpg

m_attt

27/05/2010

not much as been happening despite all the good weather , due to end of year exams for uni.

car came back off the road after a day or two of being back on due to boost hoses blowing off continuously, they have now all gone to 100% stainless to have beads welded round the ends. while off i found oil in the hoses that looks like the crank has been pressurised from the upped boost so have got a catch tank to fit and clean out and check all the breathers

27052010307.jpg

also my new arches turned up, which will fit soon as will need to cut out some of the old arches.

27052010301.jpg

27052010302.jpg

i then plated up the sunroof as the cage wouldn't fit with it in place, plus its weight i dont need.

not a pretty job, but then the car aint ment to be (paint still wet in pics)

27052010303.jpg

27052010304.jpg

cage is roughly resting in place, will be picking up a welder to hopefully get this in next week.

its an omp 10 point with door bars.

27052010305.jpg

then quick tester on the wheels, of orange, which the cage will also be going.

27052010306.jpg

m_attt

27/06/2010

well its been a while as lost the will a bit with the car, as never got a chance to work on it, waiting on parts, and problems getting the boost hoses and pipes re-fitted.

but eventually got motivated, so

Boost pipes had lips welded on, hopefully end of them coming off

fitted a catch tank as had oil in the boost pipes

started the respray

random shot of the three 205's that have been living on my drive

23062010378.jpg

catch tank

25062010379.jpg

wheel painted, cage to go this colour when fitted

01062010312.jpg

sanding down

26062010382.jpg

26062010386.jpg

26062010384.jpg

resprayed-ish, ran out of paint so will finish up tomorrow

27062010390.jpg

27062010391.jpg

27062010392.jpg

Edited by m_attt

m_attt

28/06/2010

28062010394.jpg

28062010400.jpg

28062010396.jpg

28062010399.jpg

30/06/2010

small update:

new mirrors as mine were faded and looked out of place

debadged the grill, came out good till i hit when refitting and put a small crack in it but overall its ok

fitted arch extensions

30062010404.jpg

30062010405.jpg

01/07/2010

for the lulz, number boards

01072010409.jpg

01072010408.jpg

01072010407.jpg

so this is where it stands today, made a start on welding the cage in but the regulator broke and im skint, also

started fitting braided brake lines and new coper lines, but whoever last did the rear brakes sheared the bleed

nipple off and decided to leave it so untill i can find £80 the cars grounded :).

pugpete1108

you copying me? :) loving the matte black and out of a can too, a man after my own heart.

i'm thinking of having mine done proffesionally in matte black, shame its so hot in this weather. it seems to attract heat.

not really sure how to go about cleaning it though?

and i think you should have done the arches too.

dont suppose you are after a set of lightweight doors are you? they are in matte black with plastic windows. im going back to glass as its much more of a road car now.

here's mine:

DSCF6599.jpg

DSCF6600.jpg

Edited by pugpete1108

m_attt

cheers for the reply,

I rattled canned a M3 evo satin black before this car :)

would love the doors but i cant afford anything at the moment work has dried up :)

as for the archs, they look alot better in real, and add a bit of contrast, but i may end up painting them wouldn't take very long.

pugpete1108

shame you are so far away as i would offer a straight swap, oh well nevermind.

good luck with the project anyway :)

how many cans did you end up using?

Edited by pugpete1108

m_attt

ah always the way, i was up london with a van last weekend aswell.

think i used about 18 cans, as the first 12 pack i had were quite shocking and the coverage was bad, but what do you expect for £1.29 each :)

cheers

pugpete1108
ah always the way, i was up london with a van last weekend aswell.

think i used about 18 cans, as the first 12 pack i had were quite shocking and the coverage was bad, but what do you expect for £1.29 each :)

cheers

ebay? i found ecp had the same paint (simoniz) for about the same price.

i only used 12 cans i think and yeah the coverage is pretty bad, i did prime it beforehand with red oxide though so that made it worse as the car is black originally.

hcmini1989
ebay? i found ecp had the same paint (simoniz) for about the same price.

i only used 12 cans i think and yeah the coverage is pretty bad, i did prime it beforehand with red oxide though so that made it worse as the car is black originally.

Do either of you have a brown brothers shop by you`s sort of paint shop if not just go into a pain shop and ask for mat black trade spray should be about £1.50 a can and its a big can i did my mini 4 times with a can ,

trouble with mat black is it shows all the marks

jord294

but so easy to touch up ;)

chuck out the tin of de-icer thats always rolling around, and carry a rattle can of paint instead :lol::lol:

matt black FTW B)

Edited by jord294

m_attt
Do either of you have a brown brothers shop by you`s sort of paint shop if not just go into a pain shop and ask for mat black trade spray should be about £1.50 a can and its a big can i did my mini 4 times with a can ,

no dont think i have, i got mine from local tool place or car accessory shop. either way less than £50 for a full respray aint bad ;)

water with fairy normally gets rid of the marks.

but so easy to touch up ;)

chuck out the tin of de-icer thats always rolling around, and carry a rattle can of paint instead :lol::lol:

matt black FTW B)

B) so true, never have to worry about car park dings

heres my m3 evo i had before

28012010102.jpg

28012010100.jpg

Rob Turbo

When I started stripping my 205 to be painted I was going to paint it matt black but got talked out of it and bought some 2k ford "frozen" white but never got round to using it. Over the weekend I've been making a tyre changer and went to get some matt black paint to finish it off and had the idea of painting the 205 matt black again, then come in and read this!! That's my mind made up, I'll buy a few litres and get rid of the white!

pugpete1108

woo hoo, paint the whole world matte black, rat look stylee :lol:

Rob Turbo

That's what my neighbor would do if he had the chance, sweetie black he calls it!!