• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
blniasgti

Restoring Bumper To Black !

Arahan

Yeah a couple of mine were very light grey and it still turned them black :) Just in time for Pugfest too as I was too lazy to do it before!

As a side note, I apply mine with a small piece of sponge and dab it on fairly heavily, washing off the excess later. You can get it to work on even some of the crappy plastics that it doesnt like to take to this way.

SebRad
will it dye grey trim black as well?

or does it dry a different coour?

I guess my rear bumper was black originally but was very faded:

before.jpg

One not brilliantly well done coat of Plasticare later and it's more-or-less the right colour:

after.jpg

[disclaimer: the "after" picture was taken when it was nearly dark and has been digitally brightened to get approx the same light level. The pictures are a good indication of the difference.]

I didn't try too hard with the rear bumper and only got one coat as it's broken and I will replace sooner-or-later.

Regards, Seb

Paulmac19

looks great even with the minimal effort :)

arches looking great too

welshpug

looks pretty good there seb, they never were a straight black mind, just a really really dark grey that people call black :)

SebRad

Cheers guys, yes I'm impressed with Plasticare. Put two coats on everything else, including the trim on the boot lid and the wing mirrors.

Great for dying plastic gloves:

winders.jpg

Also works on window winders!

Think they need couple more coats ideally though.

Seb

supersub14

Plasticare is the dogs balls lol.

My bottle did a 405 Mi16, Sierra, 205 GTi, and i finished it off last night on a Fordson Super Major Stering wheel lol. 51 years old and now looks like new :lol: