• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Ryan

What Driving Lamps Are These?

Ryan

Do these look like the original driving lamps?

They've got plastic bodies and a (rusty) metal surround on the front, and judging by their condition (especially the one not pictured) have been on the car for a very long time.

It's just that all the 205 pictures I can find seem to have lamps more like these:

yeti-dj

hello, neither are original driving lights but the bottom ones, the denji's, are closest, the originals were made by Seims and fairly hard to get.

hope this helps

Daviewonder

These are the original ones-

SAM_0296.jpg

stufarri

I had these on my CTI when I bought it. They are a lot smaller that the original lamps and look awful too.

GSF still sell the Siem ones, about £28 each I think, loads of threads on here with part numbers too somewhere, do some searching.

SurGie

What real difference does it make as long as they look right when fitted in the valance hole ?

Unless people want it for concourse reasons, where did you get that from Daviewonder ?

Cheers.

EDIT> Like THIS for instance ?

Edited by SurGie

Daviewonder

I got them off ebay about 18 months ago, brand new in boxes, twenty odd quid iirc. Still not fitted them though <_< Original part number is LAA 140.

McDude
GSF still sell the Siem ones, about £28 each I think, loads of threads on here with part numbers too somewhere, do some searching.

GSF don't stock anymore - I tried to get some a month or two ago and they had nothing left.

Autofive stock the Bosch parts - good kit, better than the Denjis which go rusty quickly.

welshpug
What real difference does it make as long as they look right when fitted in the valance hole ?

that's the point, they don't.

Simes

Unless people want it for concourse reasons, where did you get that from Daviewonder ?

Cheers.

EDIT> Like THIS for instance ?

Denji beam pattern is bad and completely different to the Seim ones.

acox99

They look like 405 driving lights

Alan77

I think these are the Ring halogen driving lights from Halfords. I've had a pair on my car before.

Daviewonder

There's some genuine ones on eBay at the moment, not cheap though <_<

Click