• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
pug_ham

Sleeving Hubs With Ovalled Balljoints

pug_ham

I said what I meant to say, read what you want into it but that is what I meant.

Jimi, I know what you are saying about the hubs condition & as I have said to the Paul, he can't expect the original seller to refund them any money after they went though someone elses hands (no matter how trusty worthy) before they got them unless its as a good will gesture.

Any return of an item can only be between the original buyer & seller, not via a third party.

Graham.

Baz

I supposedly sold those hubs, i'll freely admit that. They belong to both Anthony and I, and were collected from me by Paul and his friend, for his friend.

But, they were certainly not like that when they were collected and i'm not going to sit here knowing full well that you guys that are discussing this thinking that i sold them knowingly as such. Anthony and I both stripped the Xsara's we co-owned together, the car's were both driven a fair mileage without issue and naturally the parts are inspected before even offering them for sale, if we wouldn't use them ourselves to any degree, then they don't get sold. The 2 full scrap bins outside my house and the huge one at my workshop, both of which are only emptied every few months are testament to that.

Paul and his friend's have bought alot of parts from me (which i apreciate, and is perhaps proof of my trustworthiness in the first instance?) and has rarely had a fault, one of which was after a very long period of time, and he then admitted was perhaps his own anyway and the other because i foolishly supplied him 2 of the same side rear calipers by accident, so of course went to his house to deliver a replacement, so 2 small issues in 20 or probably more. It seems he has a habit of having a rant before fully exploring all possibilities though, i've explained to him before that i certainly don't enjoy p!ssing on myself, and this is no different.

I have been very busy recently with alot going on in my personal life, and frankly have been a bit lax in replying to Paul himself, as i am sometimes, especially in this case as i was trying to find a moment to give Paul a more personal telephone call to sort it rather than run around the houses with PM's/Texts etc, but i have spoken to Anthony who is also confused given that as i say, the hubs were inspected before being sold, but the wheels are in motion for a replacement to be sought, and believe that's already underway as Paul now knows. Plus, while i'm not saying he should have to, it's not like Paul isn't clever enough to know what a good or bad hub looks like upon collecting them.

But i simply will not sit here idle and have you even 'tactfully' bad-mouth me, even though none of you have mentioned any names, it's clear you know anyway, and it's really not fair to take one person's opinion of a pair of hubs that have been through multiple hands, and were certainly not in the state pictured above when sold. I'm sure it's more a case of chinese-whispers than i'm hearing anyway, that's usually the case.

Despite this, i'm sure we'll sort this out, we're all friends/fellow friendly community members here, or so i hope.