• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
BC Devile

Yellow Rallye

BC Devile

I went to wales a couple of weekends ago to pick up a yellow 205 rallye ( i would upload pictures but photobucket is not allowed. And otherwise i dont know how to)

Its got two corbeau forza bucket seats, stripped out interior, uprated calipers unknown yet what they are. A Devil backbox and green induction kit. O and a 106 gti lump in it :D

Plans for it are to first put some decent tyres on it, do a service get braided brake hoses and a bigger master cyclinder due to the pedal going very far down, before it starts biteing. i want to get a enclosed induction kit and a 4-2-1 for it.

Doesn't seem to pull as well as my 106 gti which i had previous to this. Think i might go to pug1off and get it dyno'd and see if they can advise me.

But other than that im loving it so far seems to handle down the lanes pretty well on budget tyres and standard suspension. Just booked track time at fordfair in august so hopefully its up to the challenge.

Any comment welcome

Edited by BC Devile

BC Devile

04062010366-1.jpg

04062010374.jpg

backroadpug

lucky bast. that was supposed to be mine i had my flights booked for the sat.

never mind its clean like eh just needs a cage. i just bought a 106 gti to put in my rallye instead

wasnt pleased with the boy orgonised every thing with him on the wed. didnt even get my flights re funded so 180 buck down then txt me on fri to say had gone.

cheers if you are reading this adam rallye.

enjoy the car any way its a minter.

DaveW

K355? if it is that used to be my old rallye ;)

BC Devile
K355? if it is that used to be my old rallye :lol:

Thats the one, Was it you that did the engine on it?

BC Devile
lucky bast. that was supposed to be mine i had my flights booked for the sat.

never mind its clean like eh just needs a cage. i just bought a 106 gti to put in my rallye instead

wasnt pleased with the boy orgonised every thing with him on the wed. didnt even get my flights re funded so 180 buck down then txt me on fri to say had gone.

cheers if you are reading this adam rallye.

enjoy the car any way its a minter.

Yeah adam rallye did mention someone else was super interested in it. I missed out on this car about 6months ago when it was on ebay missed out by like £50 was so annoyed.Ii couldn't miss it second time i saw it for sale.

hexhamstu

How much did you pay for it? I really want a yellow rallye!!

TU_Later

She's a beauty!!

My GTi's Going Rallye Yellow this winter :lol:

welshpug

I thought Jackman had sold up for a second there :lol:

I wouldn't bother RR ing it yet until you have modified it, you're not a million miles away from Dave Walker at emerald either :P

BC Devile
How much did you pay for it? I really want a yellow rallye!!

2100 Ive been told that was overpriced but i dont think so because im so happy with it,i don't regret it for a second. It gets comments/looks all the time :(

DaveW

Yes i fitted the engine and other bits but i lost interest as i ran out of money to get it wired up etc, what suspension does it have? i fitted a gti rear arb to the beam but this was like in 2007 i think, looks like its changed hands afew times since then tho strangely it dont look much different...

Edited by DaveW

backroadpug

2100 is good if you think how clean and rare they are. also you would be paying that for a semi decent 106 gti and i know what i would prefer.

just need to get decent seats and a cage in it. and would look the bomb.

mines is a L reg pretty sure it was the last one registered

be good to see how much are left only 250 yellows made to start with so must be in the 100s now

http://i800.photobucket.com/albums/yy289/b...d205/seats1.jpg

http://i800.photobucket.com/albums/yy289/bigbad205/seats.jpg

BC Devile
Yes i fitted the engine and other bits but i lost interest as i ran out of money to get it wired up etc, what suspension does it have? i fitted a gti rear arb to the beam but this was like in 2007 i think, looks like its changed hands afew times since then tho strangely it dont look much different...

Yippy i was going to start a new thread asking who fitted the engine, as i have a few questions. Its on standard shocks with spax lowering springs :D i know it will be uprated in good time, brakes first though. Think im the 7th owner. I dont think it needs much doing to it to be honest rear bumper needs spraying thats about it and the wheels need a refurb but otherwise i plan to leave the outside looking the same.

Cheers Blair

BC Devile
2100 is good if you think how clean and rare they are. also you would be paying that for a semi decent 106 gti and i know what i would prefer.

just need to get decent seats and a cage in it. and would look the bomb.

mines is a L reg pretty sure it was the last one registered

be good to see how much are left only 250 yellows made to start with so must be in the 100s now

http://i800.photobucket.com/albums/yy289/b...d205/seats1.jpg

http://i800.photobucket.com/albums/yy289/bigbad205/seats.jpg

Yeah i sold my 106 gti to get this and i am so happy with this was never happy with the look of the gti. Im loving your seats they look amazing, i would really love some corbeau revolutions but there very expensive. Yeah must be in there 100's.

What brake setup have you got on yours? i was thinking of upgrading and have a mate who has some 205gti 1.6 calipers will these be a good enough upgrade? Im unsure and dont want to get them and in a while feel i need to upgrade again.

Cheers Blair

MikeM

Nice looking car! Hopefully my xs will get the 16v TU treatment one day.

With regards to the brakes - going by the pictures of your brakes from your other thread, which you say the disks are around 245mm these will more than likely be 247s which are the same as 1.6gti disk size. It looks like someone has uprated the brakes from solid disks to vented ones and the appropriate callipers at some point (the same disk as 1.6gti). The next step up from your existing set-up would be 266mm disks and callipers. These can be found on - S16 306's , XSI 306's, Dturbo sport 306's and I also think the 206gti 128hp has this set-up.

To go with the larger bakes a bigger master cylinder is also a good upgrade to reduce the pedal travel. I got mine from a 406hdi, although I understand they are on others also, as long as its master cylinder number 23 you should be ok.

266s are the biggest you can fit under 14" wheels.

Cheers, Mike McNiven

BC Devile
Nice looking car! Hopefully my xs will get the 16v TU treatment one day.

With regards to the brakes - going by the pictures of your brakes from your other thread, which you say the disks are around 245mm these will more than likely be 247s which are the same as 1.6gti disk size. It looks like someone has uprated the brakes from solid disks to vented ones and the appropriate callipers at some point (the same disk as 1.6gti). The next step up from your existing set-up would be 266mm disks and callipers. These can be found on - S16 306's , XSI 306's, Dturbo sport 306's and I also think the 206gti 128hp has this set-up.

To go with the larger bakes a bigger master cylinder is also a good upgrade to reduce the pedal travel. I got mine from a 406hdi, although I understand they are on others also, as long as its master cylinder number 23 you should be ok.

266s are the biggest you can fit under 14" wheels.

Cheers, Mike McNiven

Cheers Mate, I need new brakes asap

backroadpug

dont think 1.6 gti brakes will fit the hub properly can remenber trying to fit them to my xs and struggling. i have 1.9 gti discs and calipers on mine there a sraight swap but there still not the best.

is yous not 307 brakes sure thats what the guy told me.

try get gti 6 discs ,calipers, servo and braided lines should give you a good pedal.

you wouldnt think it but my seats are so comfey never give me any jip. so spending a good amount on quality seats pays off.

think the kevlar weave sets them of in the rallye.

Edited by backroadpug

BC Devile
dont think 1.6 gti brakes will fit the hub properly can remenber trying to fit them to my xs and struggling. i have 1.9 gti discs and calipers on mine there a sraight swap but there still not the best.

is yous not 307 brakes sure thats what the guy told me.

try get gti 6 discs ,calipers, servo and braided lines should give you a good pedal.

you wouldnt think it but my seats are so comfey never give me any jip. so spending a good amount on quality seats pays off.

think the kevlar weave sets them of in the rallye.

The gti-6 calipers wont fit under 14" steels which is annoying. Think ill need to get some 206 gti calipers, the thing that puts me off them is i cant find any 266mm brake conversion that you can get yellow stuff pads for and i really want them because ive only ever heard good things about them. Also im thinking off getting bigger drums on the back as its creaking loads and the handbrake is rubbish, what drums are avaliable -306/206?

welshpug

I'd just get some decent pads, 1.9 discs and calipers should be sufficient for what's effectively a bog standard 106 gti engine, its less powerful than a 1.9 gti though it does weigh about the same engine wise.

no need to get bigger drums either, though gti ones are wider, a good cleanup usually sorts them out if they are not contaminated.

the larger drums from a 306 can be fitted however, you'd need the brake shoes backplates wheel cylinders and drums.

Edited by welshpug

GLPoomobile

I might as well be the first to point it out, but adding big fat arse brakes is going to increase your unsprung weight and spoil the 'handling'. Surely that goes against the Ralleye ethos.

Whilst a 1.6 GTI set up may not fit, I would point out that my Mi16 brakes were great when it had the standard (good condition) 1.6 calipers, Mintex pads and (IIRC) Black Diamond disks. For road use it absolutely needed no more than that.

So in other words, don't assume that you 'need' to go for bigger brakes. Why not just keep to a vented 247mm disc size, use the best discs and pads you can get, and try to keep to the lightest caliper appropriate for that size?

EDIT: wouldv'e been the first to point it out, but the wife distracted me and WP got in there by them time I cam back and hit Submit :D

Edited by GLPoomobile

welshpug

Agreed Mr GLP :D

1.6 calipers will fit, with 1.9 discs :D that's all a friend of mine uses on a 1.6 rallycar, with yellowstuff pads and standard rear drums.

backroadpug

dam so it was only the discs that were wrong. spent ages scratching my head then just changed em back.lol :D

BC Devile

Yeah i do want to keep it light as you said, thats the whole point with a rallye. Previously owned a 106 gti and i thought the brakes on that were rubbish, so i cant see an older 205 1.6 caliper to be any better. but on the plus side you can get yellow stuff pads for them which is putting me in two minds about them. Is there any difference in piston size from the 1.6gti caliper to the 1.9?

Cheers for all the comments.

DaveW

I replied in your other thread about the brakes, yeah im suprised the fronts are still the standard shocks with the lowering springs!!

BC Devile

28062010436.jpg

Little update, on my lunch break i thought i mayaswell take the carpet out. Took the dash out a couple of weeks ago, to fix the gauges that dont work. i.e Oil temp, oil pressure, rev conter. Havnt got round to fixing it so ive just left it out untill i get time.